Uni Prospects Watch

allfunandjames
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I'm hoping to study BA English at Bristol (AAA), Exeter (AAA-AAB), or Southampton (AAB) in Sept 2018 - I haven't decided on the other choices.

My GCSEs are mediocre; I achieved A*A*AAABBBBBCC. I did go to a very poor state school, and I live in a relatively poor area. These aren't excuses, but factors that may qualify me for a contextual offer.

My AS grades are AAB in English language and literature, history, and biology. I'm hoping to achieve A*AA (same order). Do I stand little chance of admission?
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your GCSEs are not mediocore they are good and wont hold you back.

You stand a chance
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by allfunandjames)
Hi. I'm hoping to study BA English at Bristol (AAA), Exeter (AAA-AAB), or Southampton (AAB) in Sept 2018 - I haven't decided on the other choices.

My GCSEs are mediocre; I achieved A*A*AAABBBBBCC. I did go to a very poor state school, and I live in a relatively poor area. These aren't excuses, but factors that may qualify me for a contextual offer.

My AS grades are AAB in English language and literature, history, and biology. I'm hoping to achieve A*AA (same order). Do I stand little chance of admission?
Have you checked if you do qualify for the contextual offer for definite, bristol has information on eligibility here http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...extual-offers/.
It's a good idea to check you are eligible before applying, it ll give you a more realistic idea on what your chances are, i would suggest maybe pick a lower entry requirement 4th and 5th choice to be safe
allfunandjames
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Have you checked if you do qualify for the contextual offer for definite, bristol has information on eligibility here http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...extual-offers/.
It's a good idea to check you are eligible before applying, it ll give you a more realistic idea on what your chances are, i would suggest maybe pick a lower entry requirement 4th and 5th choice to be safe
I entered my postcode and was given a '1' ranking - the lowest.
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by allfunandjames)
I entered my postcode and was given a '1' ranking - the lowest.
According to that link a 1 might qualify you for a contextual offer in that case, check out if southampton or exeter have similar policies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (134)
18.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
9.93%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (127)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (72)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (224)
30.48%

Watched Threads