The Student Room Group

really bad at maths how to get better....help

IHello wondering if anybody has any tips on getting better at maths?
I am very weak at maths like terrible and I know I have to practice in order to get better but...... I'm sitting my exams in may and need desperate help i'm freaking out which isnt helping.

i welcome any help many thanks
What helps me the most is watching videos online and doing questions.
u can't fail maths if u practice enough
if u fail u didn't practice enough
Reply 3
ls
Original post by HighFructose
What helps me the most is watching videos online and doing questions.

thanks for the advice any specific youtube channe
Original post by ummarahman
ls

hegartymaths,khan academy
Original post by ummarahman
ls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOZ4FEAD2g - ukmathsteacher Learn GCSE in a day Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUPdlTfmMwo - Wrightmaths 9-1 foundation paper questions worked out
I was a 4 in December and got a 7 this year and I'm now doing A-Level maths and physics.

Do every single practice paper you can get your hands on, then repeat them. Identify the topics on questions you suck at and consult a textbook or a video or a tutor and learn how to answer those questions. Repeat until you're happy with your percentages.
Reply 7
tur
Original post by orderofthelotus
I was a 4 in December and got a 7 this year and I'm now doing A-Level maths and physics.

Do every single practice paper you can get your hands on, then repeat them. Identify the topics on questions you suck at and consult a textbook or a video or a tutor and learn how to answer those questions. Repeat until you're happy with your percentages.

thanks for the advice
i found it really hard because there's soo many subjects to cover so so kind of leave maths untouched purely because firstly im scared of it because i haven't done it and every body i know are naturally talented and I'm not
Reply 8
tur
Original post by orderofthelotus

thanks for the advice
i found it really hard because there's soo many subjects to cover so so kind of leave maths untouched purely because firstly im scared of it because i haven't done it much and every body i know are naturally talented at it and I'm not

Quick Reply

Latest