__gurlll1011__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay so I literally have no idea what I want to do so I've picked the following subjects : Maths, History and Business but I definitely do not want to do Business !!
The careers I'm interested in at the moment are :
Law
Dentistry
Please recommend what A-Levels I should take as I am so confused right now !! Thanks guys !!
Fractite
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dentistry is more Maths and the Sciences (bio, chem) and Law is more English, History, Psych, Sociology etc.

So you've kinda picked an amalgamation of the two.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by __gurlll1011__)
Okay so I literally have no idea what I want to do so I've picked the following subjects : Maths, History and Business but I definitely do not want to do Business !!
Law
Dentistry
Please recommend what A-Levels I should take as I am so confused right now !! Thanks guys !!
For dentistry you would have to do biology and chemistry, you might be able to do a law degree with those subjects as they don't ask for specific subjects in some places i think
__gurlll1011__
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fractite)
Dentistry is more Maths and the Sciences (bio, chem) and Law is more English, History, Psych, Sociology etc.

So you've kinda picked an amalgamation of the two.
Is it possible to get into dentistry without chemistry at A-Level at a good uni ?
Fractite
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is it possible to get into dentistry without chemistry at A-Level at a good uni ?
Some unis vary, but pretty much all of them require Chemistry to get in.

At least, the good ones.
__gurlll1011__
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fractite)
Some unis vary, but pretty much all of them require Chemistry to get in.

At least, the good ones.
Thanks anyway
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Law
Dentistry
For dentistry you'd generally need at least two sciences, typically chemistry and biology are required. For Law on the other hand, you'd need to take more essay based subjects, like History or English Literature. I'd recommend deciding whether you'd prefer a science or humanity based career, then choose your subjects accordingly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (46)
31.29%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (30)
20.41%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.85%

Watched Threads