The Student Room Group

Would you spend £1000 on a new iphone?

Scroll to see replies

I mean what’s the point of the iPhone 8 and X if I can get the Xperia XZ1 Compact for between £300£600 less than the base model where I live? It’s Sony’s alternative to the iPhone and it way better in several key areas:
2x more ram then the Iphone 8
Expandable storage
19MP camera with large pixels, laser autofocus and 960FPS slo mo camera
Software updates that don’t slow the phone down
LDAC and Hi Res Audio support for higher bitrate music streaming
2700mAh battery for 2 day battery life
Graphics performance that is faster then the iPhone 7 and almost as good if not on par with the A11
Much faster LTE speed potential at 800 mbps
The Sony is IP68 vs IP67 on the iPhone 8 and X
Original post by James2138
U know the Oneplus 5t is coming out on 19th September??

No it’s not as the snapdragon 836 isn’t out this year. It’s gonna be another designer branded Oneplus like the 3T Collette edition
Original post by premedmath
I bought the S6 because I needed a phone urgently and that was the cheapest relatively high performing phone I could get. I didn't look up whether it is waterproof or not. At least they didn't lie that their phone is waterproof. Anyways I'm sticking with Samsung now. The apps are much better (especially the alarm) and so the OS.

I agree with you, much prefer the Galaxy phone range over iphones. Though the S6 doesn't have expandable memory which is why I went for an S5. :smile:
The final option :h:
There's nothing amazing about the Iphone X. I would rather wait till the Samsung note 8 drops in price and then buy that.
Do I piss money? In that case, no.

Lol but in all seriousness...ahhh Apple gives me a headache. What is this corporate, capitalism BS honestly, what an awful excuse for a phone. I understand I'm still complaining as a first world country citizen, and have all these privileges and still get meaningless materialistic goods for hundreds of pounds, but it's not even as if they have a good reason to be changing so extensively for the damn thing! It's pretty much the same as it's predecessors, not very aesthetically pleasing, and arguably is far worser than some of its cheaper and better competitors in the market. Butttt despite that, it will still sell, cause it's Apple. These days Apple sell their brand, not their products. They sell an elitist image, of privilege and having the "most expensive" thing in the market. Regardless of their price point or the actual value of the product, people will still purchase it cause the world has gone mad lol. But personally I wouldn't, only because I don't piss money. If I did have tons of disposable dosh however, maybe I would have considered it, just so I could show off and pay into the marketing of Apple as a brand.
**** no, I spent that much on my gaming PC when I got it and my friends told me it was still overpriced for what was in it.
I think if you are looking to upgrade from iPhone 6, then it's a good option, but if you already have the 7th, then its just waste of money.
No. An outrageous price. I shall be getting a Samsung phone model next rather than an Apple iPhone, which are easily broken and too expensive.
As good as it is, no.
No 😭 use the money on more important things, maybe a new laptop if needed, or saved for the future!
Reply 51
Even I am unsure this time... I'll buy it if my uni discount is decent enough, perhaps. I'd rather not spend 1k on something which becomes outdated after a year.
Why would I pay a grand to downgrade to an emoji simulator
Yeah
If Apple paid their taxes, I might consider them...:grumble:
@quasa, great thread by the way.:h:
I'm sorry but the Samsung Galaxy A5 (released in Feburary) has a 16MP camera and the new Iphone X will have a 12MP camera? ._.
I'll either get a friend in the US to buy one from there and send it over or pick one up in Dubai when they're released.
Reply 58
For iPhone X? No its f*cking sh*t.
No I'll stick to my Samsung S8 :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending