My skin makes me want to cry. Watch

yungaheartz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moisturize with johnsons baby lotion everyday... never had acne myself but one of my friends did and she swears by this. i mean it hasn't gone away completely but her skin has cleared up a lot over the months. worth a try i guess.
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are you going through topical steroid withdrawal? It was hell for the first few months for me. Went through it during A Levels, barely got the grades I needed
Not TSW in particular mainly because im too scared to come off for more than few days when symptoms start going crazy.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
I have a similar problem. It didn't happen until my 20's though, I started getting huge painful cystic acne lumps around my chin, temples and jawline. I take antibiotics on n off (dr recommends taking breaks because they mess with gut bacteria and make you burn easier in the sun) to keep the spots away.
try drinking plenty of water, eating good fresh foods like fruit and veg, invest in a good cleanser toner and moisturiser, exfoliate at least once a week with a microfoliant as opposed to something with grains or "hard bits" in and always thoroughly take make up off before bed. Another thing to do is once the antibiotics have done their job, throw away or thoroughly clean all make up brushes and sponges (I say throw away in case any are old or don't come 100% clean) regularly clean anything you use to apply make up. Half the battle in my experience is good skin hygiene. Don't pick or squeeze spots either. I've managed to get to a point where I don't use foundation at all. It has helped loads. I hate it when the doctor tells me it's time to take a break from the antibiotics but I'm hoping to totally come off them by staying foundation free, drinking plenty and keeping up with a good skin care routine. I still have pretty bad scarring but with an aloe gel from holland and Barrett and sun cream for my face even in winter the scars are fading nicely. Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you. Just know you aren't alone, lots of people have problem skin and it can take a bit of trial and error to get it right for you. Xx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
balojax9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey dude I’m currently working out and getting breakouts, I think from the Whey is plant protein going to help as a replacement, also I actually do have eat heathy and I’m still getting outbreaks, assume it’s from the whey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.5%
Yes - a food allergy (33)
11.46%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.13%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.13%
No (201)
69.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed