The Student Room Group

Buying First Ever mechanical Keyboard

Hello guys so I have a very important question which is that I am buying my first ever mechanical keyboard. But now I am very confused as not sure what to get because there are so many varieties of keyboards and then switches. However i want to buy a keyboard from the Corsair because they give you the best gaming mechanical keyboards. My options are listed below so if you could please help me selecting one, then that would be really good and also can you pass this on to other forums so I get an average best answer. Thank you very much. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Options:-

1. K95 RGB Platinum ( Brown Switches)
2. K95 RGB Platinum ( Speed Switches)
3. K70 LUX RGB ( Red Switches)
4. K70 LUX RGB ( Brown Switches)

One more thing is that I will be playing games and also doing my college work so like using Microsoft so typing or using photoshop and other IT stuff. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Apnazain
Hello guys so I have a very important question which is that I am buying my first ever mechanical keyboard. But now I am very confused as not sure what to get because there are so many varieties of keyboards and then switches. However i want to buy a keyboard from the Corsair because they give you the best gaming mechanical keyboards. My options are listed below so if you could please help me selecting one, then that would be really good and also can you pass this on to other forums so I get an average best answer. Thank you very much. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Options:-

1. K95 RGB Platinum ( Brown Switches)
2. K95 RGB Platinum ( Speed Switches)
3. K70 LUX RGB ( Red Switches)
4. K70 LUX RGB ( Brown Switches)

One more thing is that I will be playing games and also doing my college work so like using Microsoft so typing or using photoshop and other IT stuff. Thanks. :smile:

Definitely get the K95 platinum with browns. It’s the K70 LUX with some extra macro keys
I have the brown switches on the original K95 RGB and if you do a lot of typing and productivity work the tactile feedback is awesome, and even when Gaming, the feedback isn’t so heavy that it distracts you when Gaming
Original post by asim1999
Definitely get the K95 platinum with browns. It’s the K70 LUX with some extra macro keys
I have the brown switches on the original K95 RGB and if you do a lot of typing and productivity work the tactile feedback is awesome, and even when Gaming, the feedback isn’t so heavy that it distracts you when Gaming

Thanks for your reply bro and most people actually told me to get k95 RGB with browns keys. But because it is £199 on the corsair website so I was just curious that h0w long will it work for like is it worth to pay £200 for k95 platinum brown keys like its durability. And when will its led stop working. Thanks. :smile: :smile:
Reply 3
I have the K65 (Remove Number pad from K70 and no rgb sadly). It is probably the nicest keyboard I've ever owned. Along with not having a number pad it is easier to transport. (Only about as wide as a 15 in laptop).

Removable cables on a mechanical keyboard are basically a good sign of a quality keyboard. The K65 has a removable mini-usb cable, which is braided.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending