CIE is life ruining Watch

TannyBoy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So guys, fair warning. If and when you all have kids, DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT choose CIE. If you love your children, you wouldn't ruin their lives like CIE has ruined my life. I gave CIE AS Bio FOUR times and the highest i got is a D. I just don't understand why and how. This time i got an E and i was actually expecting a C at least because i thought i gave a good exam but no. In Exedel, you can at least repeat the unit you messed up in, but can't do so in goddamn CIE. You have to repeat the whole thing again. I studied hard, solved QPs a lot but still can't seem to get D+

Now to my question, i have simply no scope of repeating because i have to get done with my A levels in next sitting otherwise my uni will kick me out (non degree student) So do you guys think i'll be able to get a D in A level over all if i work really hard for A2? Is it possible? I have to get at least a C in A2 right?

Oh and i live in Bangladesh, so my AS marks matter here, unlike in England where apparently AS and A2 are different now. Lucky!!!

P.S- i don't want to repeat because there is no guarantees i'll get better grades plus i can use the time and effort it takes to study for AS to study for A2 and give it extra time.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TannyBoy)
So guys, fair warning. If and when you all have kids, DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT choose CIE. If you love your children, you wouldn't ruin their lives like CIE has ruined my life. I gave CIE AS Bio FOUR times and the highest i got is a D. I just don't understand why and how. This time i got an E and i was actually expecting a C at least because i thought i gave a good exam but no. In Exedel, you can at least repeat the unit you messed up in, but can't do so in goddamn CIE. You have to repeat the whole thing again. I studied hard, solved QPs a lot but still can't seem to get D+

Now to my question, i have simply no scope of repeating because i have to get done with my A levels in next sitting otherwise my uni will kick me out (non degree student) So do you guys think i'll be able to get a D in A level over all if i work really hard for A2? Is it possible? I have to get at least a C in A2 right?

Oh and i live in Bangladesh, so my AS marks matter here, unlike in England where apparently AS and A2 are different now. Lucky!!!

P.S- i don't want to repeat because there is no guarantees i'll get better grades plus i can use the time and effort it takes to study for AS to study for A2 and give it extra time.
Get some revision books and a tutor if you can afford one. If not then look for resources on the internet and paid websites.

Your revision and study strategy is not working as you dont understand enough to answer questions competently.

Learn the core material. If you dont understand it then study around it or seek explanations.

It is then a case of applying it by answering exam questions. Practice, learn where you went wrong and practice again. If you are getting Ds and Es, then both your understanding and exam technique are weak and need work.

I would resit both AS and A2, but if you are doing A2 only then you need to avoid the mistakes you are making in AS.

It sounds like you need outside help. It would be possible to uplift to a C if you managed it correctly.
TannyBoy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Get some revision books and a tutor if you can afford one. If not then look for resources on the internet and paid websites.

Your revision and study strategy is not working as you dont understand enough to answer questions competently.

Learn the core material. If you dont understand it then study around it or seek explanations.

It is then a case of applying it by answering exam questions. Practice, learn where you went wrong and practice again. If you are getting Ds and Es, then both your understanding and exam technique are weak and need work.

I would resit both AS and A2, but if you are doing A2 only then you need to avoid the mistakes you are making in AS.

It sounds like you need outside help. It would be possible to uplift to a C if you managed it correctly.
Well thank you for answering. i think i understand because i've given my answers based on mark schemes. I probably failed in MCQs and messed up in lab hence i got an E. MCQs are my weakest point i just can't do 'em. In A2, thank God there is no MCQ. Theory is my strong point. You said my exam technique is weak, how do i improve it?
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
CIE is super good when it comes to psychology and sociology. I agree though that the biology CIE is rubbish but I guess for me it's because I hate science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.81%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.43%

Watched Threads