The Student Room Group

When do you know your GP registration has been completed ?

I went to this GP for registration .They told me they can register me in another GP closer to home , but I can still complete all the registration details at their GP , and they'll transfer it to the other GP.
And so I filled the forms in , apart from the part where the GP fills in the rest .

I didn't meet any Doctor .
During registration , do you usually meet with a Doctor who confirms The registration ?
I sort of just completed a form and they told me , they would transfer these papers to another GP.
And then I left .

I haven't heard back from them .
Do they usually inform you ,when you have completed the registration process or not?

How long does it take, usually to complete a registration and get your medical records processed from your old GP ?
And does the GP hold your vaccination history , I don't know where to find them ?

Thanks!
Original post by Chrixteena123

I went to this GP for registration .They told me they can register me in another GP closer to home , but I can still complete all the registration details at their GP , and they'll transfer it to the other GP.
And so I filled the forms in , apart from the part where the GP fills in the rest .

I didn't meet any Doctor .
During registration , do you usually meet with a Doctor who confirms The registration ?
I sort of just completed a form and they told me , they would transfer these papers to another GP.
And then I left .

I haven't heard back from them .
Do they usually inform you ,when you have completed the registration process or not?

How long does it take, usually to complete a registration and get your medical records processed from your old GP ?
And does the GP hold your vaccination history , I don't know where to find them ?

Thanks!

No you don't meet the doctor while registering, I just registered at my local GP and they said it would take 2-3 days to get me on the system.

It's a bit weird that they still encourage you to register then said they'll send your details elsewhere though
Original post by Jackieox
No you don't meet the doctor while registering, I just registered at my local GP and they said it would take 2-3 days to get me on the system.

It's a bit weird that they still encourage you to register then said they'll send your details elsewhere though

So basically , I would be registered after 2/3 days right ?
I heard it takes longer for your medical records to be processed though?

Both the GPs were under one organisation , but in different locations
So the one I went to , could transfer me to the other .

Thanks !!
The registration is essentially very quick. sometimes the notes come through immediately (if there is an electronic link) but other times can take months. You can still see a doctor during that time.

Quick Reply