Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello :ciao:

This is a thread for all students applying for 2018 entry to Bradford!

What course are you thinking of applying for?

Is there anything you would like to ask?

What are you looking forward to the most?

Have you attended any open days?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I want to apply for Msc Midwifery studies but I don't have any experience in care. Do I have any chance in Bradford?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    If you meet the entry requirements then yes you would stand a chance!

Have you had a look at these?

Emma

(Original post by Debbis)
    Hello,

I want to apply for Msc Midwifery studies but I don't have any experience in care. Do I have any chance in Bradford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bradford)

Im hoping to apply for 2018 to study midwifery, I am attending an open day on october 7th. However, I have a work placement in january so I wont be able to put this on my personal statement so would I get chance to mention it if I was offered an interview or could I just email them about it or??
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Paristaylor99)
    Im hoping to apply for 2018 to study midwifery, I am attending an open day on october 7th. However, I have a work placement in january so I wont be able to put this on my personal statement so would I get chance to mention it if I was offered an interview or could I just email them about it or??
    Hi

There will be admissions officers at the Open Day who can give you guidance on your application.

Please see here for the programme.

I hope this helps.

Joe

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’m hoping to apply for paramedics but just wanted to know a bit more on placements. I’ve got experience but being a mature student want to work around family.

ReputationRep:
    What course are you thinking of applying for? Law with business

Is there anything you would like to ask? If I had picked a placement year will I be able to switch to a year abroad.

What are you looking forward to the most? being in a new environment.

Have you attended any open days? they don't have open days for international students.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to clinical science with foundation year. I haven't been to an open day yet, I'm really looking forward to studying the course. I have an interview in 11 days. My question: I know many people who do the foundation year want to do medicine. Will the interview be like a medical interview or will it just be a normal interview just for clinical science?

ReputationRep:
    Hello University of Bradford :hello:

I was just wondering if I get rejected for the initial course I'm applying for, will I be able to still find a place on another course through either UCAS Clearing or Adjustment? :hmmmm2: Thanks in advance!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by vanessa_james)
    What course are you thinking of applying for? Law with business

Is there anything you would like to ask? If I had picked a placement year will I be able to switch to a year abroad.

What are you looking forward to the most? being in a new environment.

Have you attended any open days? they don't have open days for international students.
    Hiya

We do offer students the opportunity to study part of their course abroad.

One of our Peace Studies students is going to study the second semester of her course in Nicaragua next month

We have a dedicated Study Abroad team who will do everything to facilitate a student's request.

Joe
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by diana999)
    I applied to clinical science with foundation year. I haven't been to an open day yet, I'm really looking forward to studying the course. I have an interview in 11 days. My question: I know many people who do the foundation year want to do medicine. Will the interview be like a medical interview or will it just be a normal interview just for clinical science?
    Congratulations on the interview! :banana:

I'm unable to disclose too much information about the interview, but what I can say is you should know your personal statement well, think about the course and what it means for your career aspirations and any experience of displaying NHS values would be of benefit.

Also, if you can think of any other experience/skills which would benefit the course and the role you would like to fulfill in the future.

Joe
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by icanget_LOUD_too)

I was just wondering if I get rejected for the initial course I'm applying for, will I be able to still find a place on another course through either UCAS Clearing or Adjustment? :hmmmm2: Thanks in advance!
    Hi

Yes. You would be able to apply for a new course during clearing - All you'd need to do would be to give us a call when you get your results and we'd run through an application over the phone.

Also you may be eligible for UCAS Extra - have a look at the link and see if it applies.

UCAS Adjustment is for students who are holding offers for courses but who have done better than they expect so might want to change the course they study.

I hope this helps!

Joe

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone ✨
    I just wanted to ask whether Bradford has a Facebook Applicant 2018 page ... 😅
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot of the foundation year students are interested in Medicine. Many go on to do Medicine at other universities. The interview really takes in all the issues toy you mention - but it mot a straight medical school interview per se

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icanget_LOUD_too)

Of course we will take a look at what you are doing now and what you are interested in. The main thing is to find the right subject match for the right person. We will help you do that.

ReputationRep:

Hello
    I apply for Diagnostic Radiography
    I received an unconditional offer back in March and i would like to know what next? Paper work wise? DBS? health check? Registration?
    I did receive a formal letter of the offer with the starting and end date; the student precontact aswell.
    I feel lost and i don't know whether I should contact the university about it or I should just wait.
    Please anyone help please...
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by henrieka)
    Hello
    I apply for Diagnostic Radiography
    I received an unconditional offer back in March and i would like to know what next? Paper work wise? DBS? health check? Registration?
    I did receive a formal letter of the offer with the starting and end date; the student precontact aswell.
    I feel lost and i don't know whether I should contact the university about it or I should just wait.
    Please anyone help please...
    Hi Henrieka

I know I've sent you a direct message but I just wanted to assure you that since you have an unconditional offer from us you needn't fret about your situation.

Now you have an offer, you can make an application for accommodation if you are planning on staying with us during your studies. DBS and health check stuff is normally sent out in June/July. Enrolment information would usually follow exam results in August.

Hope this helps!

Joe

ReputationRep:
    I want to study in public administration and some business releted courses in the Bradford university , so how I can get admission ? What r the required documents ? V
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Abdullah jan)
    I want to study in public administration and some business releted courses in the Bradford university , so how I can get admission ? What r the required documents ? V
    Hi Abdullah jan

Are you looking for undergraduate or postgraduate courses? We offer various business related courses in our School of Management.

If you are an undergraduate, you can apply using UCAS. If you are a post graduate you can apply directly on our website.

Feel free to drop me a message and I'll do my best to help!

Joe

ReputationRep:
    Hi Henrieka

I know I've sent you a direct message but I just wanted to assure you that since you have an unconditional offer from us you needn't fret about your situation.

Now you have an offer, you can make an application for accommodation if you are planning on staying with us during your studies. DBS and health check stuff is normally sent out in June/July. Enrolment information would usually follow exam results in August.

Hope this helps!

Joe
    Hi Joe,
    I've been in touch with the uni as per your advise and they told me the same thing so thank you for your help.

Kind regards
    Henrieka

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 18, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Oct '18
  2. University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  3. University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.