The Student Room Group

Forces cadetship

Hi, I have recently accepted a forces cadetship for my medical degree but have, due to uncertainty over being successful when applying for the cadetship, concurrently applied for student finance this academic year 2017/2018, and have a tuition fee loan confirmed from SFE but the forces cadetship will now pay this. Is it easy to reverse the loan from SFE once the forces money comes through, which should be soon? I am also unclear as to whether this affects the maintenance loan I will shortly be receiving from SFE. Note both the tuition fee and the maintenance loan are different due to the special funding arrangements for 4 year graduate-entry medical course which I am on, and the payments I also receive from the NHS bursary.
Hi agreen43

You can log into your online account and do a tuition fee loan request by clicking into change application, by doing this you just need to input zero fees and submit and we can get that reviewed for you.

In regards to your maintenance loan this will not be affected you will still be eligible for your loan.

Thanks Miriam
Reply 2
great thanks, but just tried this and it won't let me enter less than £1384, how do i get around this?

Original post by Miriam SFE
Hi agreen43

You can log into your online account and do a tuition fee loan request by clicking into change application, by doing this you just need to input zero fees and submit and we can get that reviewed for you.

In regards to your maintenance loan this will not be affected you will still be eligible for your loan.

Thanks Miriam
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi agreen43

If it won't allow you to amend the fees online you can get your university to send a electronic change of circumstances requesting for zero fees.

Thanks Miriam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending