GCSE course cancelled Watch

lilyameliaxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This is a rather complicated situation... I have just started year 10, about 2 weeks ago and my options are art, computer science, history and hair and beauty. Since I am at high school, my school doesn't have the resources, equipment or space to run the hair and beauty course and so there are courses like engineering, construction and of course hair and beauty at a college near by. The colleges time table doesn't match up with our high school one and so the past two weeks, once a week I've been going home early, with everyone else who did college courses as a gcse option. Next week we were supposed to start the course, it's a double period subject and a free period so 3 hours per week... My high school has just told us that the college has cancelled just hair and beauty courses and we need to take different options, so we have already missed 6 hours worth of learning on our new option (I don't know mine yet) and it's all a mess. Is there anything I can do to regain that time and what subject do I pick?? Was thinking of business studies.. help!
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lilyameliaxo)
This is a rather complicated situation... I have just started year 10, about 2 weeks ago and my options are art, computer science, history and hair and beauty. Since I am at high school, my school doesn't have the resources, equipment or space to run the hair and beauty course and so there are courses like engineering, construction and of course hair and beauty at a college near by. The colleges time table doesn't match up with our high school one and so the past two weeks, once a week I've been going home early, with everyone else who did college courses as a gcse option. Next week we were supposed to start the course, it's a double period subject and a free period so 3 hours per week... My high school has just told us that the college has cancelled just hair and beauty courses and we need to take different options, so we have already missed 6 hours worth of learning on our new option (I don't know mine yet) and it's all a mess. Is there anything I can do to regain that time and what subject do I pick?? Was thinking of business studies.. help!
No need to panic. talk to the teacher and ask them what you have missed.
They will tell you and then just make notes from the textbook and teach yourself if the following week/ evenings or weekend. Wont take you long to catch up. Weekend should be enough and the beginning of a course tends to be quite easy.

You cna also buy a revision book or see whats online. I wouldnt worry though plenty of time for you to master it. Two years.

As for what subject? Something you are interested in and can get a good grade.

I noticed with hair and beauty its more vocational than academic, so will you be wanting to go to uni or just get a job or do more vocational training? Business is fine, but if you intend to do A levels then do the GCSE.

You might want to do some careers research on what you might need for hair and beauty careers if thats the way you wish to go.

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed