The Student Room Group

Is it worth worrying about university choices (Year 12)

I've only just started Year 12, is it worth worrying about university yet or is that a problem for the summer / next year? I know some people go to open days in Year 12, is this a good idea? What grades do you need to go to a good university?
Original post by AmmarTa
I've only just started Year 12, is it worth worrying about university yet or is that a problem for the summer / next year? I know some people go to open days in Year 12, is this a good idea? What grades do you need to go to a good university?

First thing to do at this step is to work out what you want to study. If you then have time and can work out which unis you want to go to then great, go on open days as they are worth it

I would advise looking into summer schools too.
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
First thing to do at this step is to work out what you want to study. If you then have time and can work out which unis you want to go to then great, go on open days as they are worth it

I would advise looking into summer schools too.

I've got that in mind - Computer Science or Computer Science & Mathematics. I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science at A-Level to prepare for this. I've come up with a shortlist of around 10 universities: Cambridge, Imperial, Bath, Bristol, Manchester, Warwick, Durham, Birmingham, Southampton, Reading (in that order). And for summer schools I've looked into the Sutton Trust Summer Schools programme for Computer Science and I met the requirements so I expressed my interest.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest