The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway, University of London applicants chat and FAQ 2018

Scroll to see replies

How flexible is royal holloway for entry generally assuming you've chosen an offer, ie - Grades >ABB all accepted initially, followed by BBB all the way down to?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
I received an offer to study Modern Languages (French and AB initio German) ABB:smile:
Original post by SwagMoneyBaller
How flexible is royal holloway for entry generally assuming you've chosen an offer, ie - Grades >ABB all accepted initially, followed by BBB all the way down to?

Hi SwagMoneyBaller,

This is really hard to say! It would depend on your application as a whole, the course you've applied to, as well as how far you missed the grades by, but we do take a look at your application on a case by case basis if you did miss the grades.

:smile: Summer
Original post by xloismoorex
I'm looking to do English and History too! I just saw the university today, it's by far the best one I've been to.

That's what I thought too! The course has loads more variety than others I've been to as well.
Reply 44
Original post by riri_x
Comparative literature and culture with international film, anyone?!!

Hi! I’m applying for Classical Studies and Comparitive Literature & culture! Have you got an offer yet? I really loved the university. 😊
Hello from the US. Just received an unconditional offer for politics and ir! Super excited.
I'm applying to the Modern Languages and History BA with my chosen language being French. :france:
I'm very excited to start university. I visited Royal Holloway on an open day last month and just fell in love with the place.
Hi, I'm looking to study Computer Science with Roya Holloway being my top choice! If I'm lucky enough, roughly how long will it take to receive an offer? Thank you! :smile:
Original post by DeannaChloe
Hi, I'm looking to study Computer Science with Roya Holloway being my top choice! If I'm lucky enough, roughly how long will it take to receive an offer? Thank you! :smile:

Hi Deanna,

It's so great to hear you're looking to study Computer Science. We aim to make a decision within 4 weeks, though this really can depend on a few factors, such as if we require any further information from you, and what time of the year you apply (just before the UCAS deadline may take a bit longer to receive an offer for example). Our Admissions Team are great at getting decisions out to people as soon as possible, so hopefully it won't be too long!

I hope that helps but if you do have any other questions just let me know!

:smile: Summer
Reply 49
Original post by ZoeN2
Hi! I’m applying for Classical Studies and Comparitive Literature & culture! Have you got an offer yet? I really loved the university. 😊

Yes, I have received an offer! Have you? I love the university as well, the campus is so beautiful :smile:
I just received an offer to study Modern Languages and History in 2018!

I'm so excited!

:france:
Original post by Shawless
Eyy, same here!

Awesome! Have you applied yet? I’m currently waiting on a response 😬 (although I only sent my UCAS off on Friday!!)
Reply 52
Original post by riri_x
Yes, I have received an offer! Have you? I love the university as well, the campus is so beautiful :smile:

Yes I have! Are you going to accept yours? Did you like it?
Reply 53
Original post by username3508706
I just received an offer to study Modern Languages and History in 2018!

I'm so excited!

:france:

OOOO that sounds like such an exciting course!
Reply 54
Got an offer for Accounting and Finance today
Litterally sent my UCAS off yesterday, they sure work fast!
(edited 6 years ago)
Unconditional offer if firm choice (which it will be since I just got rejected from Oxford) to study Theoretical Physics. Anyone else applying for this course?
Hey, i applied to study Film Studies. Im so excited about university but i couldnt visit campus as i dont live in the UK anymore
Reply 57
Original post by ZoeN2
Yes I have! Are you going to accept yours? Did you like it?

Yes!!
Hi I applied to do English Literature and was wondering how long it typically takes for the uni to reply if I have an offer or not?
Thank you
Original post by Wanderlustxx
Hi I applied to do English Literature and was wondering how long it typically takes for the uni to reply if I have an offer or not?
Thank you

I got an offer for History within 24 hours. So I would say it is likely to be soon. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending