The Student Room Group

I'm in the most uncertain and messed up position regarding Uni. What to do? :/

So, to say that i've been slightly uncertain about my course and uni is a big understatement. I'm doing IT and Business which has it's main focus on computing and I've just lied to myself and pretended it's business management and IT. Even the Uni, I've just not been sure as I think I suit more of a big city University.

So, I finished my first year and it just didn't go too well for me, the last few months I just backed off socially and academically and just did not make an impact. I failed two exams and my programming coursework. I got the chance to do them over the summer and I passed my two exams but I just couldn't do the coursework and I put a lot of excess stress on myself and I've never been in that much distress. I kept trying to do it and I had other commitments to do too but nothing was happening. You need 30% in every module to pass the year and two hours before the deadline ( I had only completed 15% of it) I just realised that I've been forcing myself too much for this and I just hate it. I've never been in the right mindset for it as it just wasn't for me. So, I decided that I'm going to contact the University and asked to transfer to a business course. However, even though I'm asking to do a less technical subject, they won't accept me as I got a C in English language and they want a B! They've also said they don't count one of my qualifications which was a diploma qualification, I got A*,B,B,C. The diploma qualification was what I got a B in and they say that I don't meet the entry criteria. I've sent them a few different emails about saying how I am more than competent enough as I have passed all my business modules this year and that's worth way more than a GCSE or an A-Level but I'm just not sure what to do now.

I have a 2nd year house already and the contract is till June, I've asked to continue the year with my current course as a backup scenario but they would rather I work for a year and then the coursework and do my 2nd year starting 2018. However, none of my friends will be there as they're all going to be placements and it's just not going to be a comfortable situation for me. I could perhaps switch University but that will create a big hassle with my house and each Uni I go to will be a downgrade on my current University.

I'm not sure what other options to seek and I just hope the business department just let me change..
Reply 1
Have a 1 on 1 meeting with a member of staff and tell them how much your current course if harming your happiness
id recommend talking to your personal tutor, they can help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending