The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill University applicants chat thread 2018

A big welcome to all Edge Hill University applicants! Hello from Alex, your official Edge Hill rep, I'm here to help so if you have any questions about applying to university or life at Edge Hill just let me know.

This thread is a place to chill, chat, and meet fellow applicants throughout the application process

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

You can also join our Students' Union's Facebook group to meet new people.

Good luck to everyone!

:woo:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hoping to apply for children's nursing🤗
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
applying for human geography :smile:
Applying for Secondary English education with QTS!!😊
Name: Morgan
Course: Web development
Predicted grades: B,B,B,D
Also applying at: Worcester, UCLAN, Solent, Northumbria
(edited 6 years ago)
Can you bring your car to uni? How much is a parking permit? 😊
Hi Hrobinson980, hope you're well!

If you live off-campus, you're welcome to park on-site. It's free to park, so no worries about having to pay for a permit! :smile: If you're living on-campus, you won't be able to bring a car with you. If you really need to bring your car with you (for instance, if you're on placement), let us know before you arrive and we'll see what we can do.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Alex
Hoping to apply for ecology and conservation, I got CDU at AS level and my predicted grades are ACC/BCC but I need BBB for the course, does this make it highly unlikely for me to receive an offer?
Original post by Cerysbaker3
Hoping to apply for ecology and conservation, I got CDU at AS level and my predicted grades are ACC/BCC but I need BBB for the course, does this make it highly unlikely for me to receive an offer?

Hi Cerysbaker3

It's great to hear you're interested in studying with us at Edge Hill. I've checked this with the admissions officer for the Ecology and Conservation course as the admissions requirements can vary between subjects.

They've advised that for this course they'll be particularly looking at the a-level subjects studied and the all round application, not just the ucas points. I can't make any guarantees on the outcome of your application but they've said that if you have a strong a-level grade in a relevant subject such as Biology and a good personal statement then they would be able to consider the application.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions about the application :smile:

Hannah
Hi :smile: I’ve applied for social work and have my interview in January!
Reply 10
Got all my uni offers back except for edge hill😬 How long did it take everyone else to hear back from them?
Original post by schev17
Got all my uni offers back except for edge hill😬 How long did it take everyone else to hear back from them?

Hey,
I heard back after a few days but I guess it might depend what course you are applying to as well. I’ve applied for social work. Good luck!
Reply 12
Original post by Brittney.s1
Hey,
I heard back after a few days but I guess it might depend what course you are applying to as well. I’ve applied for social work. Good luck!

Yeah I guess it does vary I'm just really impatient as it's my first choice 😂 thank you, good luck!
Name: Chloe
Course: Web Development
Predicted grades: D*D*D*
Also applying at: -
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi Cerysbaker3

It's great to hear you're interested in studying with us at Edge Hill. I've checked this with the admissions officer for the Ecology and Conservation course as the admissions requirements can vary between subjects.

They've advised that for this course they'll be particularly looking at the a-level subjects studied and the all round application, not just the ucas points. I can't make any guarantees on the outcome of your application but they've said that if you have a strong a-level grade in a relevant subject such as Biology and a good personal statement then they would be able to consider the application.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions about the application :smile:

Hannah

I got a conditional offer for 120 ucas points 😊😊
Hey, so I've applied for the English course, I was wondering whether you guys had any tips on when is best to start revising for exams? Edge Hill is my first choice Uni, I fell in love with it and really don't want to miss out on a place! thanks :smile: x
Original post by Cerysbaker3
I got a conditional offer for 120 ucas points 😊😊

Congratulations! If you have any questions about studying with us let me know :smile:

Hannah
Original post by Freyja M
Hey, so I've applied for the English course, I was wondering whether you guys had any tips on when is best to start revising for exams? Edge Hill is my first choice Uni, I fell in love with it and really don't want to miss out on a place! thanks :smile: x

Hi Freyja

Thank you for your interest in studying with Edge Hill :smile:

When preparing for exams, I'd recommend making a revision plan or schedule based on how many subjects you have and when your exams are taking place. This will help you have a good idea of how much time you will need to revise and to help break the work up to make it more manageable.

I'd also suggest spending some of your revision time taking a look at past papers or any guidance relevant to your exam papers so that you're familiar with the structure of each different exam such as how many questions to expect. If you have a chance to attempt to answer some example questions this will help you feel more confident when sitting your paper as you'll have some idea of what to expect.

Finally, it's normal to feel nervous about the exams but try not to worry too much and make sure to take regular rest breaks during your revision sessions.

Hannah
Hi Freyja

Thank you for your interest in studying with Edge Hill :smile:

When preparing for exams, I'd recommend making a revision plan or schedule based on how many subjects you have and when your exams are taking place. This will help you have a good idea of how much time you will need to revise and to help break the work up to make it more manageable.

I'd also suggest spending some of your revision time taking a look at past papers or any guidance relevant to your exam papers so that you're familiar with the structure of each different exam such as how many questions to expect. If you have a chance to attempt to answer some example questions this will help you feel more confident when sitting your paper as you'll have some idea of what to expect.

Finally, it's normal to feel nervous about the exams but try not to worry too much and make sure to take regular rest breaks during your revision sessions.

Hannah

Hi Hannah.

Thank you for the tips, I have made a study plan which I intend to stick to.

My teachers have pointed me in the direction of some past papers so I'm fairly familiar with the questions. I'm going to attempt a few questions over the Christmas holiday.

Thank you again for the advice. I'm going to use my nerves for good causes :smile:

Freyja

A big welcome to all Edge Hill University applicants! Hello from Alex and Hannah, your official Edge Hill reps, we're here to help so if you have any questions about applying to university or life at Edge Hill just let us know.

This thread is a place to chill, chat, and meet fellow applicants throughout the application process

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

Good luck to everyone!

:woo:

Hi there!
Name: .........
Course: Midwifery
Predicted grades: D*D*A*
Also applying at:
Kings College= offer
Northampton= interview