The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York

Scroll to see replies

Name: Scott
Course: Business Management and Japanese
Predicted grades: A*BB
Also applying at: Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan, Sheffield and Cardiff.

I got an unconditional from YSJ :smile:

Anyone else applying for the same course?
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Name: Abbi
Course: Law
Predicted grades: ABD
Also applying at: Dundee, Sheffield Hallam, Manchester Metropolitan and Nottingham Trent (conditional offer)

I just received an unconditional from York about 20 minutes ago😁
Name: Katy
Course: American Studies
Attained Grades: BBB (Currently on gap year)
Also applying at: Essex, Northumbria, Uni of Nottingham & Richmond in London

Just sent off my UCAS application!:smile:

*just got my unconditional!* :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Name: Hebe
Course: Environmental geography
Predicted grades: ABB
Also applying at: Uni of York, Sheffield Hallam, Liverpool John Moore and Aberystwyth

Just received an unconditional offer!
Name: CourtneyLocation: LondonCourse: Criminology with foundation yearPredicted grades: recieved Also applying at: Keele, west London, st Marys, Wolverhampton, Just received an unconditional offer :smile:
Daniel
Huddersfield
History
CCC
got an unconditional
Name: Jack
Course: Computer Science
Predicted grades: BBB
Also applying at: Northumbria, Hull

Just got an unconditional, pretty sure this will be my insurance choice! Would love to meet some people coming here next year.
Original post by JackBulson
Name: Jack
Course: Computer Science
Predicted grades: BBB
Also applying at: Northumbria, Hull

Just got an unconditional, pretty sure this will be my insurance choice! Would love to meet some people coming here next year.

Does York St John allow for you to put anunconditional offer as your insurance? Because that is what im planning on doing, however some universities change your offer to a conditional if you don't have it as your firm
Name: Ethan
Course: Theology with Religious Studies
Predicted grades: D*BC
Also applying at: Bangor, Manc Met, Hull, Liverpool Hope

Received an unconditional from York this evening!!
Original post by Ethan1864
Does York St John allow for you to put anunconditional offer as your insurance? Because that is what im planning on doing, however some universities change your offer to a conditional if you don't have it as your firm

I'm not entirely sure, I tried to look at the letter on UCAS Track but it didn't say anything. Bit of a shame if I can't put it down as my insurance and still be unconditional, it was my fallback plan if it all went crap :P
I'm not entirely sure, I tried to look at the letter on UCAS Track but it didn't say anything. Bit of a shame if I can't put it down as my insurance and still be unconditional, it was my fallback plan if it all went crap :P

Yeah same here, i've tried researching too but came up empty, so i've emailed them and waiting for a reply haha
Yeah same here, i've tried researching too but came up empty, so i've emailed them and waiting for a reply haha

Let me know once you do please!

I had to resit Year 12 so I am already a year behind people my age, I really want to be able to go to Uni this year so knowing I can have an unconditional as an insurance is a godsend.

Have you looked at any accommodation for York St John yet?
Let me know once you do please!

I had to resit Year 12 so I am already a year behind people my age, I really want to be able to go to Uni this year so knowing I can have an unconditional as an insurance is a godsend.

Have you looked at any accommodation for York St John yet?

I'll let you know! And i had to restart year 12 as well so i know how you feel!!

Yeah I've looked at the two better accommodations at YSJ and they are pretty nice, not overly amazing but i could see myself living there! Did you go to one of the open days?
I'll let you know! And i had to restart year 12 as well so i know how you feel!!

Yeah I've looked at the two better accommodations at YSJ and they are pretty nice, not overly amazing but i could see myself living there! Did you go to one of the open days?

Haha I got DDU my first year, just didn't care at all and I am now paying the price :P.

I agree with that aswell, I went to the open day last month and all I got to see was The Grange which I didn't like so much and the City Residence which was a bit small. I looked at Percy's lane on the website and that seems perfect for me, so probably going to try and get there.
Haha I got DDU my first year, just didn't care at all and I am now paying the price :P.

I agree with that aswell, I went to the open day last month and all I got to see was The Grange which I didn't like so much and the City Residence which was a bit small. I looked at Percy's lane on the website and that seems perfect for me, so probably going to try and get there.

Oh as if haha! I completely dropped out of my first year and restarted aha. Ooo yeah i didnt like the grange either, i looked at Percys Lane in person and it was one of the better ones, and i might be staying there. However, i did really like St John Central but it was the most expensive aha.
Oh as if haha! I completely dropped out of my first year and restarted aha. Ooo yeah i didnt like the grange either, i looked at Percys Lane in person and it was one of the better ones, and i might be staying there. However, i did really like St John Central but it was the most expensive aha.

Yeah St John Central looks like the best one, hopefully I will be able to afford it haha
Reply 17
Name:Tom
Course:International Business with a placement year
Predicted grades : ABB
Other uni’s: hull, Loughborough, Huddersfield

Does anyone know how long on average it takes for YSJ to get back to you about your ucas application, cheers guys x
Original post by Kebano
Name:Tom
Course:International Business with a placement year
Predicted grades : ABB
Other uni’s: hull, Loughborough, Huddersfield

Does anyone know how long on average it takes for YSJ to get back to you about your ucas application, cheers guys x

I got my offer 2 days after I sent off my application :smile: it may take longer/shorter for you, though, depending on how many applications they have to get through (just something to bear in mind I guess)
Name: Lucia
Course: Philosophy, Politics and Ethics
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying at: Sussex, Brighton, Liverpool Hope & Royal Holloway

I got an unconditional as well

Latest