The Student Room Group

AS AABB Oxford?

I want to apply for History and my predicted grades are A*A*A (in History, English and Biology) My AS grades were As in English and History and the Bs were Maths and Biology. My GCSEs are fairly good, 9A*s and 4As. Anyone with experience: how much to Oxford care about AS grades and will they ruin my chances of an offer?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by atomicine
I want to apply for History and my predicted grades are A*A*A (in History, English and Biology)
My AS grades were As in English and History and the Bs were Maths and Biology.
My GCSEs are fairly good, 9A*s and 4As.
Anyone with experience: how much to Oxford care about AS grades and will they ruin my chances of an offer?

You will be taking the HAT, a good score on which should offset the impact of your AS grades. You could get a professional opinion from one fo the Oxford ATs on here, but I'd personally give it your best shot and see what happens. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by atomicine
I want to apply for History and my predicted grades are A*A*A (in History, English and Biology)
My AS grades were As in English and History and the Bs were Maths and Biology.
My GCSEs are fairly good, 9A*s and 4As.
Anyone with experience: how much to Oxford care about AS grades and will they ruin my chances of an offer?

The HAT is more important :smile:

http://www.history.ox.ac.uk/how-apply#collapse1-2
Original post by RogerOxon
You will be taking the HAT, a good score on which should offset the impact of your AS grades. You could get a professional opinion from one fo the Oxford ATs on here, but I'd personally give it your best shot and see what happens. Good luck!

That's what I plan to do anyway, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest