The Student Room Group

Predicted grades STRESS!!!!!!

Basically I've literally just got given my predicted grades (CCC) but all the courses I want to apply for need BBC or BBB and I NEED to get into a uni that had a entry requirement of 112 UCAS points (BBC or ACC) but now I have only been predicted 96 (CCC) should I apply? What should I do? :frown: will my offer get declined...? Help... pls!

Scroll to see replies

*that has ergggghh sorry for any typos the stress is REAL!!
Dont apply this year.

Work your butt off to prove your teachers wrong, and then apply with achieved grades next autumn for 2019 start,

Recommended.
Original post by returnmigrant
Dont apply this year.

Work your butt off to prove your teachers wrong, and then apply with achieved grades next autumn for 2019 start,

Recommended.

I seriously cannot do that not right now to me personally that cannot be an option but thank you so much for the reply
Reply 4
Original post by Dreamgirlxx
Basically I've literally just got given my predicted grades (CCC) but all the courses I want to apply for need BBC or BBB and I NEED to get into a uni that had a entry requirement of 112 UCAS points (BBC or ACC) but now I have only been predicted 96 (CCC) should I apply? What should I do? :frown: will my offer get declined...? Help... pls!

Ofcourse you should apply! Focus on creating a strong personal statement to compensate for the grades, and you stand a perfectly reasonable chance! Even though you may be predicted CCC, I really think you will get made offers from BBC or ACC courses, depending on the uni! Where are you looking to apply?
Go and have a word with Head of Sixth Form or College Teacher...explain the predicament you are in that you need 112 UCAS point prediction just to be able to apply to a range of the Uni's you are interested in. It's not as if you are asking to be predicted AAA, all you need is a grade boost to BCC or BBC.

Go about it calmly and explain your situation and say you are willing to redouble your efforts to achieve higher grades as you badly want to go to a Uni that needs 112 UCAS points but you need them to predict at least a BCC for this.

Failing that, still apply to the Uni you want to go to that needs 112 points, as they may make you an offer as you are only just below the points needed. For courses needing 112 points, many Uni's want "bums on seats" as 2017 saw a huge drop in students going to Uni, so this may work in your favour.

Good luck.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by F1 USM
Ofcourse you should apply! Focus on creating a strong personal statement to compensate for the grades, and you stand a perfectly reasonable chance! Even though you may be predicted CCC, I really think you will get made offers from BBC or ACC courses, depending on the uni! Where are you looking to apply?

Thank you for the good advice! I will do :smile: Oh and I am looking to apply to Hertfordshire, Westminster, UEL, roehampton and possibly Essex
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bernadette04
Go and have a word with Head of Sixth Form or College Teacher...explain the predicament you are in that you need 112 UCAS point prediction just to be able to apply to a range of the Uni's you are interested in. It's not as if you are asking to be predicted AAA, all you need is a grade boost to BCC or BBC.

Go about it calmly and explain your situation and say you are willing to redouble your efforts to achieve higher grades as you badly want to go to a Uni that needs 112 UCAS points but you need them to predict at least a BCC for this.

Failing that, still apply to the Uni you want to go to that needs 112 points, as they may make you an offer as you are only just below the points needed. For courses needing 112 points, many Uni's want "bums on seats" as 2017 saw a huge drop in students going to Uni, so this may work in your favour.

Good luck.

Yes exactly, this is what I will be doing first thing tomorrow and I will speak to my subject teachers individually too. Thank you for the reply :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm in a similar situation but made an agreement with one of my teachers to work my back off in the next few tests that we're given as my AS grades weren't great. Maybe you can come to a similar agreement with your teacher(s)?I don't know if you know of Manisha from TSR but she applied to a Uni which entry requirements were AAB but in her actual exams she got BBB but they offered her a place at their Uni. This si the link for the video, hope you find it useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6yMI56uvZk
Yes exactly, this is what I will be doing first thing tomorrow and I will speak to my subject teachers individually too. Thank you for the reply :smile:

I 100% guarentee you will get atleast one offer, even with lower predicted grades.
How do I know this? So many people managed it last year from my cohort.
Reply 10
Thank you for the good advice! I will do :smile: Oh and I am looking to apply to Hertfordshire, Westminster, Essex, roehampton and possibly Essex

These unis where in clearing for alot of their courses this year! You'll should get offers from all of them, just make sure your application is flawless :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by F1 USM
These unis where in clearing for alot of their courses this year! You'll should germt offers from all of them, just make sure your application is flawless :smile:

Thank you so much you've been so helpful! :smile:
I had a prediction of BCC, I still applied and got offers from courses for which ABB was required
If you ask whoever is in charge of predicted grades, chances are they will change it, loadddds of people in my year basically just asked for whatever predicted grades they wanted 😂 If this doesn't work though don't panic! One of my friends had BBB predictions and got offers to ABB courses, you will probably get an offer even if your predictions are lower than entry requirements

It's going to depend upon what you actually get. You may want to do a BBB/C course, but you may simply not get the grades. Your highest priority needs to be addressing why your teachers are predicting CCC, in order to make sure that you get the grades, and university, that you want.

Apply where you want to go. if you don't get an offer, there may be options in clearing / adjustment.
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
I had a prediction of BCC, I still applied and got offers from courses for which ABB was required

Oh wow, what happened did you end up getting those grades or better than your predicted? & your personal statement must have been faultless though....
Oh wow, what happened did you end up getting those grades or better than your predicted? & your personal statement must have been faultless though....

Nope, got exactly my predicted
Rejected by my firm ABB required
Accepted by insurance BBB required
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
Nope, got exactly my predicted
Rejected by my firm ABB required
Accepted by insurance BBB required

Wow, well done! :smile:
Guess it worked out all good for you then I suppose. :smile:
Reply 18
theres no harm in applying the worst they can say is no! what i suggest (which is what i did) is applying to 4 unis with the higher grade boundaries and if they accept, great! if not, your 5th option can be one with lower boundaries. if you don't want to do this, apply through clearing. low predictions are also a great chance to prove your teachers wrong:wink:!! good luck :smile:
s
Basically I've literally just got given my predicted grades (CCC) but all the courses I want to apply for need BBC or BBB and I NEED to get into a uni that had an entry requirement of 112 UCAS points (BBC or ACC) but now I have only been predicted 96 (CCC) should I apply? What should I do? :frown: will my offer get declined...? Help... pls!

Hello! SAME! Yeah, I got CCC too and applied to BBB unis. However, as a backup, I applied for a foundation programme at Essex which is just DD. As you can see, now I have a guaranteed conditional offer. Maybe you could do that? Other unis I applied for are Glasgow, Swansea, Reading, and Aberdeen. Those unis are willing to wait for my AS results, coming out in next January, so I have that 1 chance to prove myself

I thought I was the only one in this situation! You are not alone friend. Drope me a message if you need a chat. Hope that helps!

Also, it helps to have a good personal statement, have someone read it and ask if they are the uni, will they be willing to consider you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending