Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am a student living (and studying) abroad, who received Student Finance for a previous degree programme in the UK. I was incorrectly registered for UK Tax this year, which meant SFE was alerted and asked for evidence to prove I live abroad.

    I sent in this form 3 weeks ago, but have not had a response, and instead have gotten a letter saying I must provide evidence or face a penalty (sent last week). Does this mean SFE did not get my original evidence? Is there any way to resolve this without phoning them, given that I live abroad and that would be very expensive?

    Thanks for any advice.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi natalieclifton

    To get an update of the evidence you have sent you will need to get in contact with sfe repayments team who will be able to access your account to give you a further update.

    SFE Repayments Team Tel: 0300 100 0611

    Thanks Miriam
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.