Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I applied for and received a postgraduate loan for the academic year 2016-2017 to study a taught MSc at an English university.

    I did not finish my course because of an illness and successfully applied for mitigation and to repeat the year. The university wants me to pay tuition fees a second time even though I was under the impression that that wouldn't be the case.

    Can SFE provide a second postgraduate loan and, if so, under what conditions/circumstances?

    Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi greekStudent34

    If you had suspended your course due to health reason what you will need to do is complete a postgraduate loan 2017/18 application, once we receive this your university would need to send a resumption confirming you are continuing your studies and you payments will continue where you left off, you are able to provide compelling personal reasons evidence to confirm the reason why you suspended your course such as medical evidence or letter from the university and you could be eligible for the full support if the evidence would be sufficient.

    PGL Form-http://bit.ly/2vVGZ6H

    Thanks Miriam


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.