The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

No passport, how should I word the email?

Apparently I need a passport for registration, problem is I don't have a passport and I cant get one in time for registration, even those emergency passports as they only do renewals and I have never had a passport. So I need to try explain my situation but I have no idea how, I'm worried that they'll just take my place away from me for not having one. I do have other forms of ID like my provisional, bank statements and birth certificate. do you think these will be enough? I'm in pure stress mode right now :frown:
Reply 1
This is what it says on the website "

A passport will be required as official ID when opening a bank account, applying for work or verifying your age. The University therefore encourages all students to obtain a passport. If you do not have a passport, please contact us prior to your arrival at [email protected]

So sounds as if they encourage you to get a passport because it'll come in handy for many adult-y things you'll be doing at uni, but they give an option if you don't have one either. I think they can accept other ID too (like birth certificate, drivers/provisional licence) but the only way you'll find out is by e-mailing. And they're not gonna take your place away from you lol
I'm in a similar boat. I have an expired passport (expired in April this year) and I don't know if this is a valid form of ID or not?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I was in the same situation; my passport was expired. They told me to bring a provisional license as well as my birth certificate. However, I didn't have a provisional either, so they told me about another form of accepted id: the Citizen Card, which you can get in 1-2 days for ยฃ30 if you choose urgent application.

Quick Reply

Latest