The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2018 Applicants

Well done for considering Durham as your potential university! It is an amazing place.

course :
other choices:
Firm/Insurance:
What college are you considering:

Check out Durham Threads down below

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by prostheticzeta
Well done for considering Durham as your potential university! It is an amazing place.

course :
other choices:
Firm/Insurance:

Heya! I'm considering doing psych and education studies in Durham. Its kind of in the top two unis for me right now. Really confused with the colleges, though. From what I understand, the closest to my department is St Hild and Bede (sorry that I'm shortening it) but I kind of like St Cuthbert. I'm also considering University, St John's, St Chad's and Hatfield, as they are relatively close to the School of Education. Any advice on the colleges? Thanks in advance!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hello!

I'm applying for Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year at Durham. My college choice in University/Castle however, currently the course is in Stockton and that would be at the Queen's campus. On there website it says they are planning to more the course to Durham Campus. Tad confused by it all, however I'm sure they'll clear it up over time!
Hii,

I'm applying to Politics.
My other choices are Cambridge, Warwick, Surrey and Birmingham.
I have no idea what I'd do for firm and insurance... ahh.
St Mary's or Grey.
Reply 4
Course: Natural sciences (chemistry and maths or chemistry and physics)
other choices: Cambridge, UCL Bath and idk for the last one
Firm/Insurance:no clue
What college are you considering: not sure haven't looked at them yet
Original post by bruh2132
Course: Natural sciences (chemistry and maths or chemistry and physics)
other choices: Cambridge, UCL Bath and idk for the last one
Firm/Insurance:no clue
What college are you considering: not sure haven't looked at them yet

Samezies, I have no idea I was thinking Keele, coz my skl don't support all like A*AA entry reqs
What were your gcses and as' like dude?
Reply 6
Original post by Akarsh Sinha
Samezies, I have no idea I was thinking Keele, coz my skl don't support all like A*AA entry reqs
What were your gcses and as' like dude?

I haven't looked into Keele might take a look, it's pretty hard to find nat. sci courses so I'm still looking for another option.
at GCSE I got 7A*'s 1A 2B's
in maths UMS I got 84 87 95 100
wby?
Here dude https://www.whatuni.com/degree-courses/search?subject=natural-sciences
I got 12 A*s and a B at gcse and A's in maths and bio AS with like 96,95,98 ums'.
Link is litt. should help there's only like 18 institutions that do it, maud
course : CompSci
other choices: Cambridge, Manchester, UCL, Reading
Firm/Insurance: *Cambridge*/ Durham/ Manchester
What college are you considering: idk I only had chance to look around Grey
Hi!

I'm hoping to study Philosophy.
My other choices are Cambridge, Edinburgh, Bristol and Manchester.
Not sure about firm/insurance at all.
I like the look of University for college.

course :
other choices:
Firm/Insurance:

1) Combined Honours in Social Sciences (taking modules in Politics, IR, Sociology, and maybe anthropology)
2) Cambridge, Exeter, Edinburgh, Manchester
3) if i get into cambridge then that would obvs be firm with exeter as my insurance but i like durham more than exeter so would have to put down exeter due to grades. failing that durham as insurance and then still exeter.
4) st cuths only bc i want self catered and jobo is REALLY far out from the town centre.
Hi all!

Course: Politics
Other Choices: Cambridge and Lancaster.
Firm / Insurance: I'm a gap year applicant (Got A*A*A in my A2s, on top of AAAA in my AS), so I would firm Cambridge as my first choice, then Durham, and then Lancaster.
College: St Chad's.
Original post by xBasedChris
Hi all!

Course: Politics
Other Choices: Cambridge and Lancaster.
Firm / Insurance: I'm a gap year applicant (Got A*A*A in my A2s, on top of AAAA in my AS), so I would firm Cambridge as my first choice, then Durham, and then Lancaster.
College: St Chad's.

Wow, amazing grades! Can I ask what made you choose Lancaster as your third choice? Just interested is all.
course:
English
other choices:
Oxford, Nottingham, UEA, not sure about 5th yet, but probably Warwick
Firm/Insurance:
Not sure yet, depends where I get offers!
Univ I think
course : Ancient history (the department and course are amazing)
other choices: St Andrews, KCL, Warwick, Edinburgh
Firm/Insurance: depends who wants to give me a place
What college are you considering: Cuths, for the self catering
Original post by jameshughes1999
Wow, amazing grades! Can I ask what made you choose Lancaster as your third choice? Just interested is all.

Thanks! I chose it for a few reasons. 1) It's actually a really good university, though an overlooked one by most - it's no.9 in all the rankings. 2) It's a campus university and a beautiful one at that. 3) The course is really good for my interests. 4) It is based in the North, which is nice for me as a native of Durham.
Original post by beccabokka
course:
English
other choices:
Oxford, Nottingham, UEA, not sure about 5th yet, but probably Warwick
Firm/Insurance:
Not sure yet, depends where I get offers!
Univ I think

bare in mind there is a high chance that you'll be sharing a room! especially if you want to live in castle !
Original post by laurenshuff
course : Ancient history (the department and course are amazing)
other choices: St Andrews, KCL, Warwick, Edinburgh
Firm/Insurance: depends who wants to give me a place
What college are you considering: Cuths, for the self catering

have a look at Josephine's butler! they are self catered and en suite!
Original post by Sophiegraceb
1) Combined Honours in Social Sciences (taking modules in Politics, IR, Sociology, and maybe anthropology)
2) Cambridge, Exeter, Edinburgh, Manchester
3) if i get into cambridge then that would obvs be firm with exeter as my insurance but i like durham more than exeter so would have to put down exeter due to grades. failing that durham as insurance and then still exeter.
4) st cuths only bc i want self catered and jobo is REALLY far out from the town centre.

butler isn't that bad! will keep you fit haha
bare in mind there is a high chance that you'll be sharing a room! especially if you want to live in castle !

Yeah, I’m okay with that! I mean, so long as you don’t get stuck with someone you just don’t get on with, I think it’s a really good way of giving you a leg-up when making friends. But then it’s also so touch and go aha!

Quick Reply

Latest