An.on
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I just got an offer for accommodation as I went through clearing. It's a band A shared room which I don't mind. The problem is because I thought I wasn't going to get a room I made another arrangement. I was planning to commute from aldershot which takes 40 minute on train (I don't minf the journey) The problem is that if I choose to commute from aldershot and reject my offer then I save ALOT of money. I need the extra money for accommodation next year and also other expenses. But I also want a room at campus so that I can make friends and have a social life. I am really indecisive please help should I take the room or should I commute ? Also can I still make good friends if I commute ?

PLS HELP URGENT NEED TO REPLY SOON!!!
University of Surrey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by An.on)
So I just got an offer for accommodation as I went through clearing. It's a band A shared room which I don't mind. The problem is because I thought I wasn't going to get a room I made another arrangement. I was planning to commute from aldershot which takes 40 minute on train (I don't minf the journey) The problem is that if I choose to commute from aldershot and reject my offer then I save ALOT of money. I need the extra money for accommodation next year and also other expenses. But I also want a room at campus so that I can make friends and have a social life. I am really indecisive please help should I take the room or should I commute ? Also can I still make good friends if I commute ?

PLS HELP URGENT NEED TO REPLY SOON!!!
Hi An.on,

I think the best thing for you to do would be to draw up a Pros/Cons list for each of your options. Pros of living at home may include getting to see your family often, saving money and being close to friends from home. Cons include having to commute, the cost of commuting, and potentially not being able to go to as many social events.

However, just because you live at home doesn't mean you have to miss out! My friend lived at home during his degree, and he was one of the people who was most involved in the extracurricular activities that uni offers! If he fancied coming for a night out with us and didn't want to leave early to catch the first train he'd just bring a sleeping bag and crash in someone's room on campus. You just have to learn to plan your time wisely and bring the things you need with you in case you have a break in between lectures or a while to wait before your club/society meets in the evening.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (33)
19.19%
Labour (69)
40.12%
Liberal Democrats (35)
20.35%
Green Party (7)
4.07%
Brexit Party (4)
2.33%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
2.33%
Plaid Cymru (4)
2.33%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)