Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am participating in a 3 Month ex change program in February. My student is here from quebec right now and is here until December 2nd. However I have already started to get anxiety and get scared about leaving my family for 3 months. I will be speaking another language. I have cried for 3 days straight and cannot get Overy the fact that it's so long. I'm terrified to go but I don't think that I should be worrying yet. After all she's only been here for a few days. Any advice? On what I should do
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lrahj)
    I am participating in a 3 Month ex change program in February. My student is here from quebec right now and is here until December 2nd. However I have already started to get anxiety and get scared about leaving my family for 3 months. I will be speaking another language. I have cried for 3 days straight and cannot get Overy the fact that it's so long. I'm terrified to go but I don't think that I should be worrying yet. After all she's only been here for a few days. Any advice? On what I should do
    Go because most likely, after the few months you will be glad that you went and it will be a valuable experience.

You'll feel lonely, yes, so make sure you immerse yourself in your program as much as you can and make friends here.

You can Skype your family but don't do this frequently, them you will get used to being away.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.