tubbsyjr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
I was unaware that on placement we still needed to apply to student finance for help with tuition fees becuase I didn't expect that we would have to pay as we aren't actually at the uni. The university year/term for my course starts on the 18th however I only sent off the form two weeks ago looking to get some support as I'm not being paid. Because I assume the tuition fee support wont be with me on Monday, will I have to pay out of my own money because I don't have enough in my bank to cover the full £930 and am slightly worried. Any help/advice will be much appreciated, thankyou!
tubbsyjr
Rep:
?
Any help? Sorry!
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi tubbsyjr

Once your application has been processed and we have received your online declaration form your tuition fee loan payments will be scheduled to be paid to the university they will be released once we get the confirmation of registration, you are able to view your payment schedule on your online account under the "your finance" section.

In regards to payments taken out of your account you will need to discuss that with your university.

Thanks Miriam
tubbsyjr
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miriam SFE)
Hi tubbsyjr

Once your application has been processed and we have received your online declaration form your tuition fee loan payments will be scheduled to be paid to the university they will be released once we get the confirmation of registration, you are able to view your payment schedule on your online account under the "your finance" section.

In regards to payments taken out of your account you will need to discuss that with your university.

Thanks Miriam
Ok cool thanks! It says... "
Thank you, we got your declaration form and have processed it." But no schedule is shown under "your finance", it only lets me look back at the previous two years finance payments? Could it be that they're still processing the information you have to send in the post?
Also, I haven't applied for maintencance loans so says "As you haven't applied for student finance to help with your living costs, we currently don't need any bank details from you." Which leads me to believe that any tuition fee payment wont come out of my bank?

Sorry again, but thankyou for your help!
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi tubbsyjr

Depending when you have sent your online declaration it can take six weeks for scanning and three working days for processing once your declaration has been processed your payments will be scheduled withing three to five working days after.

The tuition fee loan payment will get paid direct to the university once we receive the confirmation of attendance, if you think the university are going to take a payment out of your bank you will need to discuss that with them.

Thanks Miriam
tubbsyjr
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miriam SFE)
Hi tubbsyjr

Depending when you have sent your online declaration it can take six weeks for scanning and three working days for processing once your declaration has been processed your payments will be scheduled withing three to five working days after.

The tuition fee loan payment will get paid direct to the university once we receive the confirmation of attendance, if you think the university are going to take a payment out of your bank you will need to discuss that with them.

Thanks Miriam
But they've said.. "we've got your declaration form and have processed it." So does that mean they've received it in the post and everything is sorted? Surely if that was the case I'd be able to see scheduled payments in the "your finance" section shouldn't I?
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi tubbsyjr

On your online account if it shows that we have received the declaration depending when it was processed it takes three to five working days to schedule the payments.

Thanks Miriam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.47%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads