The Student Room Group

Can universities be flexible with A level grades?

Hey, so i was just wondering if a university with the entry requirements of ABB for example would accept me if i got an A*AC? Because i take a BTEC which i'm predicted to get a D*D in at the end of the year and i'm predicted a C in psychology. Thanks
Original post by talarayes2000
Hey, so i was just wondering if a university with the entry requirements of ABB for example would accept me if i got an A*AC? Because i take a BTEC which i'm predicted to get a D*D in at the end of the year and i'm predicted a C in psychology. Thanks

Most of the time if they say ABB they won't accept anything lower than a B, have you looked into their Btec requirements specifically?
Original post by claireestelle
Most of the time if they say ABB they won't accept anything lower than a B, have you looked into their Btec requirements specifically?

Yeah they said that they require a DD, but yeah i'm aiming to get a B in psychology so higher than what i'm predicted anyway but if not i might check with the university directly as i know some say that you need a certain amount of UCAS points rather than actual grades
Original post by talarayes2000
Yeah they said that they require a DD, but yeah i'm aiming to get a B in psychology so higher than what i'm predicted anyway but if not i might check with the university directly as i know some say that you need a certain amount of UCAS points rather than actual grades

Yes best to check if it's grades or points.

Quick Reply

Latest