North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants + freshers chat thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GabijaBace
Hello,
It said that on my UCAS application that I will be starting from the 1st of September.

Hi,

That's usually a standard date given for every course, but you should go by the date you'll be given nearer the time when you enrol and get your timetable to show when your first class actually starts, but to confirm you can check the faculty team on 0121 331 5500.

Thanks,
Lydia
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Hi,
Does anybody know when we can expect to get our timetables? I've recently enrolled so is there a particular date I should wait for or will it just arrive at some point?
Thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
Anyone else studying Bsc Accounting & Finance this September? 😀
Original post by lyrical-content
Hi,
Does anybody know when we can expect to get our timetables? I've recently enrolled so is there a particular date I should wait for or will it just arrive at some point?
Thanks!

Hi lyrical-content,

You'll be informed of where you need to be on your first week a little nearer the time, and should get more information about your timetable then. In the meantime there's lots of information about what to expect and how to prepare on our website here.

Thanks!

Lydia
Due to changes that have occurred during the summer I am not living in the accommodation I signed a tenancy agreement to, and have been told that unless I find someone to replace me I will have to move out.
The accommodation is at 6 Fox Street, Birmingham B5 5AD and is right next to BCU, about a 5-10 minute walk.
It is an ensuit Room in a two person apartment on the fifth floor.
The total cost is £8303 and payment can be planned beforehand in case of financial difficulties( you can pay how you want as long as it’s talked through beforehand).
The emporium has many facilities including:
A gym, cinema, study room, games room and much more.
If anyone is interested please contact me, and if not, if anyone knows a better place where I can find interested parties let me know.

Thanks
Daniel
Reply 185
Original post by Danielpeedah
Due to changes that have occurred during the summer I am not living in the accommodation I signed a tenancy agreement to, and have been told that unless I find someone to replace me I will have to move out.
The accommodation is at 6 Fox Street, Birmingham B5 5AD and is right next to BCU, about a 5-10 minute walk.
It is an ensuit Room in a two person apartment on the fifth floor.
The total cost is £8303 and payment can be planned beforehand in case of financial difficulties( you can pay how you want as long as it’s talked through beforehand).
The emporium has many facilities including:
A gym, cinema, study room, games room and much more.
If anyone is interested please contact me, and if not, if anyone knows a better place where I can find interested parties let me know.

Thanks
Daniel

Hey

if you’re still looking try Bentley House, it’s around the same area and is a brand new accomodation that opened last year. They’ve still got a couple rooms available !
Hi, I've received my accommodation offer today, but when I'm about to accept it, it says that the full amount is payable at the time of accepting.
Is this just an error, or will I need to pay it all upon acceptance?
Hi, if anyone is looking for accomodation. I have an accomodation at Bagot Street for £154 for 44 weeks, which is cheaper than the current rate which is £168
10 mins from birmingham city centre
Let me know if you’re interested
Original post by WildPyromancer
Hi, I've received my accommodation offer today, but when I'm about to accept it, it says that the full amount is payable at the time of accepting.
Is this just an error, or will I need to pay it all upon acceptance?

Hey WildPyromancer,

Sorry for the delay! Our accommodation team will be able to advise you, try emailing [email protected] or call them on 0121 331 5191.

Thanks,
Lydia
Reply 189
Hello,

I was wondering when students starting the MA courses should expect their timetables as I still haven’t heard anything yet?
Hello,just been offered a place for the Adult nursing 2019 Jan start, anyone here with me??
Hi, anyone here going to study biomedical sciences 2018??
When do we get our timetables? I haven't recieved any information about the course and when it starts... I'm studying digital marketing
What does BCU do on the open day for us students because I want to attend one?
Original post by Mya.Ahmed18
What does BCU do on the open day for us students because I want to attend one?

Hi Mya,

Are you looking to apply or already have a place with us?

Thanks,

Lydia
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi Mya,

Are you looking to apply or already have a place with us?

Thanks,

Lydia

Already have a place but I just want to know how it’s like and what we are going to do?
Already have a place but I just want to know how it’s like and what we are going to do?

Are you starting with us this September? Our Open Days are for people interested in studying with us that want to come and explore, tour our campus and facilities and find out more about our courses. So if you want to come and explore you're welcome to, but you'll be also be able to do this as part of your induction week if your'e a new student starting this September.

Thanks,

Lydia
Original post by Birmingham City University
Are you starting with us this September? Our Open Days are for people interested in studying with us that want to come and explore, tour our campus and facilities and find out more about our courses. So if you want to come and explore you're welcome to, but you'll be also be able to do this as part of your induction week if your'e a new student starting this September.

Thanks,

Lydia

Sorry I I meant I already booked an open day and I’m starting in 2019 to explore and look into the course that I’m thinking of doing.
Sorry I I meant I already booked an open day and I’m starting in 2019 to explore and look into the course that I’m thinking of doing.

Ah okay! In which case you should receive a programme for the day very soon to give you an idea of what activities you might want to take part in. There'll be subject specific talks that you'll be able to attend, plus tours and accommodation if you're wanting to stay in halls, student finance, the SU, talks on writing your personal statement etc, so plenty to do!

There's more info on our website here, but the programme you'll receive will have more about the course level activities you can attend.

Thanks,

Lydia
Why is there no sociable daytime freshers events where you can meet people? The same things are on everyday and they're all things such as learning how to use the printer and finance support etc. No where to meet people!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending