The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Univeristy of Nottingham applicant entry 2018

Calling all University of Nottingham applicants 2018! This is the place for you to get chatting with other applicants, ask for advice and let us know how you're feeling about the whole applying to uni process!

Here are a few icebreakers to help you get going:

What course would you like to apply for?

What are you most looking forward to about uni?

Why are you applying to University of Nottingham?

What are you most nervous about?

Are you planning to come to any open days?

Good luck with your application! :crossedf:

Scroll to see replies

Well, I'm Eve.

I'm applying for Social Work at UoN. I'm very nervous because I know the university and subject is very highly ranked and I have no doubt it'll be tremendously competitive. This is my 3rd time I've gone through UCAS (very long story but I'm here now aha) and I applied for Nursing in 2013 and got rejected.

I'm 24 now, doing an Access Course in Social Sciences. I'm much better prepared than I was at 17 or 20. I'm a support worker for adults with LD and I'm very passionate about social justice and the role of social workers. I've had personal experiences more recently where social services have impacted my life, and I would like to put myself in that position of being able to bring some improvement to the lives of our most vulnerable in society.

I'm going to the open day tomorrow (16th September) and really looking forward to it. :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Danny Dorito
Calling all University of Nottingham applicants 2018! This is the place for you to get chatting with other applicants, ask for advice and let us know how you're feeling about the whole applying to uni process!

Hellooooo!
I'm katie 21, and I'm applying for 2018 entry!
I'm applying for adult nursing!
Looking forward to living in university accommodation! I recently did two years of a midwifery degree and lived at home and hated it!
Most nervous about making friends! Apparently my course is mainly studied at the uni hospital so worried I won't be on campus much with the people I live with!
Also, shottingham?😂😑 xx
Reply 3
I'm Luke, I'm applying to do Chemistry at the UoN for 2018 entry.
So nervous about going to a new city, knowing no one.
Picking Nottingham as the city looks very student-oriented and I know that the University itself as well as the chemistry department are very highly regarded.
Excited to explore a new city/campus and meet many new people.
Let's hope I get an offer eh😋
I'm Chloe and I've applied to study English and French for 2018 entry.
Fortunately, I don't live very far from Nottingham, so I could stay at home for my studies. :smile: However, I'm looking forward to studying in a new city, given that the town I currently go to for sixth form is quite boring!
Undoubtedly, I'm most excited about joining societies (particularly the Cake Society at Nottingham!) so that I can meet lots of people, yet I can't wait to study my two favourite subjects in greater depth (and, of course, go on a year abroad to either France or Belgium!).
[*]If I'm nervous about anything, I suppose it would be the prospect of starting afresh. Since I've only been at my current school for just a year, I somewhat groan at the idea of having leave and start elsewhere again, yet I know that it will be worth it because Nottingham Uni looks great!
[*]Sent off my UCAS a fortnight ago, so I'm hoping it won't be too long before I receive a response from Nottingham!
Hi, I'm Hannah and I've applied to study English with Creative Writing with 2018 entry!! I've already got an unconditional offer back of AAA so I think I will definitely be at Nottingham next year! I'm most looking forward to meeting lots of new people and moving to a new city. I'm a bit nervous about making friends/finding people like me.
Reply 6
Hey, I'm Moe and I've applied to study Law at Nottingham. I am so stressed and nervous! My predicted grades meet the requirements (A*A*AB), and unsure, still. Anyways, I heard this city is a good one and since I'm a foreigner and all, I can't make it to any open day events Anyways, its good to see people in the same place as I am. :frown:

Looking forward to possibly be a member of this wonderful university!
bo
Original post by Danny Dorito

What course would you like to apply for? Biotechnology

What are you most looking forward to about uni? The year in Malaysia / sutton Bonington campus very nice

Why are you applying to University of Nottingham? ^^^

What are you most nervous about? not getting grades required

Are you planning to come to any open days? Been to one

Reply 8
I've applied for Religion, Philosophy and Ethics.
My predicted grades are A* A B and I got A* (EPQ) and A (Law) at AS Level
I love the course they offer and the campus looks so lovely and convenient for uni life, I'm really nervous I wont get an offer though let alone the grades:/
Reply 9
Hi I'm Pippa and have applied to do medical physics. Just got an email today saying that I've been given an offer however I have to attend an interview to discuss entry requirements (the standard is A*AA). Has this happened for any other courses, and is the interview a proper interview or just a talk?
Original post by EveeyBean
Well, I'm Eve.

I'm applying for Social Work at UoN. I'm very nervous because I know the university and subject is very highly ranked and I have no doubt it'll be tremendously competitive. This is my 3rd time I've gone through UCAS (very long story but I'm here now aha) and I applied for Nursing in 2013 and got rejected.

I'm 24 now, doing an Access Course in Social Sciences. I'm much better prepared than I was at 17 or 20. I'm a support worker for adults with LD and I'm very passionate about social justice and the role of social workers. I've had personal experiences more recently where social services have impacted my life, and I would like to put myself in that position of being able to bring some improvement to the lives of our most vulnerable in society.

I'm going to the open day tomorrow (16th September) and really looking forward to it. :smile:

A serious driven application, as a mature student uni of Nottingham will likely make you an offer on widening participation. They did for me last year, im 27 now was 26 at the time!
Original post by h.findlay321
Hi, I'm Hannah and I've applied to study English with Creative Writing with 2018 entry!! I've already got an unconditional offer back of AAA so I think I will definitely be at Nottingham next year! I'm most looking forward to meeting lots of new people and moving to a new city. I'm a bit nervous about making friends/finding people like me.

Unconditional offer of AAA?

Do you mean either it’s conditional or you’ve already achieved those grades? ☺️
Original post by Realitysreflexx
A serious driven application, as a mature student uni of Nottingham will likely make you an offer on widening participation. They did for me last year, im 27 now was 26 at the time!

Aw that’s good to hear! I’ve been invited to an assessment day so my personal statement must have been alright aha.

Still gonna work hard though! What are you currently studying?
I'm applying for Classical Civilizations for 2018 entry.
Since I'm a care leaver my GCSE grades weren't that great due to personal circumstances (these past few years were quite dark for me to say the least) but my predicted grades are AAA and the idea of moving to a new place and to new people doesn't really scare me as much as I'm sure it does others.

Of course I know that my experience is going to a lot more different than the average student because I won't have a family to go back to. I've heard that the support system at Nottingham is quite decent plus it has a great reputation nationally and worldwide. I hope I get an offer.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Unconditional offer of AAA?

Do you mean either it’s conditional or you’ve already achieved those grades? ☺️

I'm on a gap year and did my A Levels last year, so I've already got the grades AAA.
Aw that’s good to hear! I’ve been invited to an assessment day so my personal statement must have been alright aha.

International Management in the Business School on Jubilee Campus.
Not the easiest of Unis though one must say lol. But overall great facilities, nice professors. They do act like they care about us, and people in general at the Uni are pretty polite.
Reply 16
Omigosh! This makes me so nervous... I'm Paige. I'm 17, 18 in Jan. I'm applying for Nursing Child and I need BBB but I saw on another forum that they have lots of people with high grades, which freaks me out :s-smilie:
I really want to go because it's literally 15 mins on the bus from my house but I still want to go in accommodation for independence and new friends :smile:

International Management bSc :smile: its a greattt uni but requires quite a bit of work, especially the 3rd year everyone moans about lol. so ive had about 4 courseworks and have 5 exams... quite a bit and its usually 6 modules a semester quite a bit of material to cover.
Original post by Claudi0
Hey, I'm Moe and I've applied to study Law at Nottingham. I am so stressed and nervous! My predicted grades meet the requirements (A*A*AB), and unsure, still. Anyways, I heard this city is a good one and since I'm a foreigner and all, I can't make it to any open day events Anyways, its good to see people in the same place as I am. :frown:

Looking forward to possibly be a member of this wonderful university!

Hey, I applied to read law at Nottingham as well. Just wondering if you've received an offer yet because I haven't. I got an offer from kings though so i think I did okay with the lnat so that can't be the issue, right?
Original post by Lefraydon
Hey, I applied to read law at Nottingham as well. Just wondering if you've received an offer yet because I haven't. I got an offer from kings though so i think I did okay with the lnat so that can't be the issue, right?

Hey man! No, I haven't got an offer yet. They haven't messaged me since early November which worries me a little.

What was King's expected LNAT score? You did well in the LNAT's now that Kings accepted you, so don't worry there. How are your grades looking by the way?

Quick Reply

Latest