The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Halls of Residence

I'm starting at the university of Leeds September 2018 and am currently in the process of trying to find accomodation.
Ideally, I'm looking for the most sociable halls going, nothing too quiet or secluded. I'd like to be close to the city too but have read some of the halls such as central village tend to be fairly quiet.
Heard JBP is the most lively and sociable halls from a few forums and articles but not sure if this is true?
Wondering if anyone could offer any advice
Original post by harrylowson
I'm starting at the university of Leeds September 2018 and am currently in the process of trying to find accomodation.
Ideally, I'm looking for the most sociable halls going, nothing too quiet or secluded. I'd like to be close to the city too but have read some of the halls such as central village tend to be fairly quiet.
Heard JBP is the most lively and sociable halls from a few forums and articles but not sure if this is true?

There are some reviews here you can look through.

https://www.studentcrowd.com/best-halls-l1003801-s1008310-the_university_of_leeds-leeds
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by harrylowson

I'm looking at accommodations too so i'd be interested to here what you've found! Are you looking for self catered or catered? All catered (except Devonshire) are on campus. Some self catered is Headingley way so its worth researching whether you'd rather be closer to Leeds City or Headingley if you're not centrally/campus based. I hear the Tannery and Sentinel are popular with med students, so idk if there's any kind of course bias towards certain accomodation too.
sometimes i like to play pranks in halls of residence like super gluing peoples clothes when they leave their rooms unlocked
If you any of you are available around March/April the university does an accommodation open day
They put on free mini-buses to all the accommodations, have people at each hall talk about what's on offer, prices and sometimes there's current students to talk to
Reply 5
Original post by TimtheHo
I'm looking at accommodations too so i'd be interested to here what you've found! Are you looking for self catered or catered? All catered (except Devonshire) are on campus. Some self catered is Headingley way so its worth researching whether you'd rather be closer to Leeds City or Headingley if you're not centrally/campus based. I hear the Tannery and Sentinel are popular with med students, so idk if there's any kind of course bias towards certain accomodation too.

Im almost definitely goino to be choosing self-catered as it's cheaper and I want to learn to cook somewhat! Having looked at the residences I've decided the JBP is probably most suitable as it's halfway between Headingley and the city which is ideal (I also plan to bring a bike up at some point). Not aware of any course bias either

Quick Reply

Latest