The Student Room Group

How to get a boy to make effort?

We have been going out for 6, almost 7 months (i'm 21, he's 20)

I have always made more effort, largely due to the fact i have a car, and he lived up a big hill so i would drive to him. He came to my house a hand full of times. I've visited his family home 6 times, again due to fact i have a car.

I feel he makes no effort, i know he likes me a lot but i'm so confused, i feel so out of control and he's said to me before he wears the trousers. All his friends love me, and his family, in fact a lot of his friends wanted to go out with me but i liked him.

I don't know what to do, inviting him places is hard work to get him to come etc. I feel really hurt and stupid that maybe he doesn't actually like me?

I return to university on wednesday (where we both go)…and need new tactics because i am so unhappy!

he's great at communication, looking after me generally and affection generally but has chosen many times to stay at home with the boys when i've asked him to come over?

Scroll to see replies

Talk to him.
Try to talk to him, but maybe he is just like that and maybe you can't change anything...
Original post by mbatshuayi
at some point u will learn that men are trash

Yes and are shite xoxo
Im proud to be part of Men are trash FC starting XI

lololol me and my friends have a gc named it lolol they all triggered that every guy they know makes 0 effort or fucs them over for another side chick.
Thats just how a lot of guys are. He might be bored, or he's just exausted. Maybe his idea of a good day is lying in bed with his girlfriend and watching TV.
Original post by lmaooome
lololol me and my friends have a gc named it lolol they all triggered that every guy they know makes 0 effort or fucs them over for another side chick.

I ain't even trash b I'd treat you like the queen you are tbh

Yes and are shite xoxo

Im proud to be part of Men are trash FC starting XI

How old are you girls, out of interest?
You're gonna have to talk to him about it, he might be a bit oblivious to any wrongdoing and think the current situation is actually working for you.

Old enough to understand that men aint ****

That'll be 12, then.
Reply 9
If I was in this situation I would communicate this to my partner by saying something like 'I notice you didn't put forward any opportunities for us to spend time together last week, whereas I put forward an idea everyday'. I may then add 'this make me feel really hurt and I think that you don't want to spend time with me' and then may also add 'I wonder if you might put something forward next week' or something else.
I may continue similar phrasing for other behaviors and pre plan them on paper beforehand to ensure they are not said in a way that that is commanding such as 'next week I want you to plan something for us by Tuesday at 1pm' (or else... no x, no z) and thus somewhat controlling.
I may continue this, perhaps altering the phrasing, for a couple or a few or several months or simply until I no longer want to.

My next steps will be to ask myself if this is the kind or relationship I want, if we have a future, am I wasting my time, do I want more myself, am I happy and/or preparing to carry the relationship for x amount of years?

If yes then I would take time to formulate a plan to ensure my unmet emotional and/physical needs are being met whilst in the relationship.

If no then I would either bluntly end the relationship or plan a way to slowly phase out the relationship and move on.
(edited 6 years ago)
Old enough to understand that men aint ****

Just a teenager that thinks they've done it all and seen it all then, I'm guessing :tongue:
Original post by WoodyMKC
How old are you girls, out of interest?

76381914 old enough doe

Spoiler

Original post by mjustliving
I ain't even trash b I'd treat you like the queen you are tbh

how noice :smile:

Queen of hoes right here b xooxox
how noice :smile:

Jk I play right wing for Men Are Trash FC
Original post by mjustliving
Jk I play right wing for Men Are Trash FC

eugh remove yourself xoxo
76381914 old enough doe

Spoiler

Literally predicted your age spot on before you posted this :lol: No offense, but you can't really judge at your age, and it sounds like you've been going for typical popular f***boys anyhow. Any guys you've been with, unless you've been out with much older guys, are still just boys. If you go for the typical lad of your age they're immature, all just trying to get their knobs wet and they don't really care about who gets hurt in the process. Even then, there are many guys your age that are decent and just looking for a solid relationship, but cause they're nice and probably a bit shy, they get overlooked a lot.
You can't make boys/lads/men make an effort. They up have to want to make that effort.

You're being totally taken for granted, which is making you unhappy. Move on.

Jesus Christ not all men a trash. Just the majority of them have no morals or respect to others' feelings, myself not included :u:
Yes and are shite xoxo

Men are opportunist trash, women are opportunist trash.

Everyone is opportunist trash.
Men who are especially trash say that

Glad I'm never gonna have to meet your stereotypical ass :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending