The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Postgraduate Applicants for 2018 Entry

This thread is for everyone considering applying, or who has applied, to KCL for the September 2018 entry, specifically for Postgraduate study. Hopefully it can be a good hub for you to discuss any concerns, questions or anything else on your mind regarding the uni.

The information hub for postgraduates is located here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/index.aspx

I am currently a postgraduate student who completed their undergrad at KCL too, so I'm happy to answer any questions regarding the university!

Scroll to see replies

Any idea about the GMAT score requirements?I plan to apply in October for the MSc International Marketing and was wondering if it would be a good idea to submit my application in October and give my GMAT in November and send scores once they're available. I know I can score 650 , so should I wait till my GMAT score arrives or should I apply without it? My application won't be very strong as I have a 3.2 CGPA in my bachelors in Marketing
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hello guys! I have applied for Robotics MSc last October 12 and I got the acknowledgment e-mail on the same day. I am quite nervous about my application.
Original post by Saiftariq
Any idea about the GMAT score requirements?I plan to apply in October for the MSc International Marketing and was wondering if it would be a good idea to submit my application in October and give my GMAT in November and send scores once they're available. I know I can score 650 , so should I wait till my GMAT score arrives or should I apply without it? My application won't be very strong as I have a 3.2 CGPA in my bachelors in Marketing

I think you can be able to apply without the GMAT. 3.2 CGPA is good. Maybe you can simply make an outstanding personal statement to highly support your application. Moreover, your references can be a good factor too.
Original post by Vno
Hello MrDystopia :smile:

I am also planning to apply in October for the course "MSc Advanced Computing". Currently I would get a high 2:1 class bachelor degree but I expect my final grade to be 1.5 (german bachelor, the equivalent is a first class bachelor). I mention this circumstance in my personal statement.

Both academic references I got are not very expressive. They only say that I performed on a very high level. That is due to the impersonal relationships in Germany. I will mention that in my application as well. Therefore the one I got from my employer is very strong. I would also say that my personal statement is good. In addition I have nearly seven years of work experience in the field of computer science.

Do you think that I have chances to get an offer? Is it allowed to submit three reference letters since two of them are not really meaninful?

If you think that both the academic references are not that expressive, then you might consider of using the employer reference as the second. The main objective of the academic reference is for King's to determine your capacity in handling subjects and how you behave at the university. With your experience and personal statement, you can be able to get an offer. :smile:
Got my offer yesterday for Robotics MSc! Cheers!
Reply 6
Hi everyone,

Last year, I got an admission from the PhD in Political Economy course at King’s; yet, since I couldn’t secure any funding, I had to defer my application to next year. Up until now, I have not seen any new postgraduate scholarships that are announced for the 2018 applications in KCL’s website. If you inform me of any new scholarship/funding opportunities, I’d be grateful.

Thanks again!
Reply 7
Hello!

I've secured an unconditional offer for MA TESOL 2018. I applied in May, deferred into next year, and received the official offer letter this morning.
Original post by simsana
Hi everyone,

Last year, I got an admission from the PhD in Political Economy course at King’s; yet, since I couldn’t secure any funding, I had to defer my application to next year. Up until now, I have not seen any new postgraduate scholarships that are announced for the 2018 applications in KCL’s website. If you inform me of any new scholarship/funding opportunities, I’d be grateful.

Thanks again!

Hi. Have you talked to a possible research adviser? He/She might have a research group where you could possibly get a funding. They are usually being funded by different organizations and are doing research on a certain topic. Though it will be a different case if you will be doing a personal research.
Original post by tasyaaoc
Hello!

I've secured an unconditional offer for MA TESOL 2018. I applied in May, deferred into next year, and received the official offer letter this morning.

That's great! Congratulations!
Hoping to apply for the MSc in Advanced Computing. Sad to find out that I must pay £55 to apply! Anyone know how competitive this course is?
Applied for Pharmaceutical Analysis on 6/11/2017
Got an unconditional offer this morning 13/11/2017
:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by schj
Hoping to apply for the MSc in Advanced Computing. Sad to find out that I must pay £55 to apply! Anyone know how competitive this course is?

Don't hesitate to send your application. Apply now. Your 55 GBP will be worth it. :smile:
Original post by Dominic104
Applied for Pharmaceutical Analysis on 6/11/2017
Got an unconditional offer this morning 13/11/2017
:smile:

Wow! Congratulations!
Original post by GreenArcher
Don't hesitate to send your application. Apply now. Your 55 GBP will be worth it. :smile:

Definitely, I applied Sunday evening! :-)
Original post by schj
Definitely, I applied Sunday evening! :-)

That's great! Hope you'll hear the good news soon! By the way, where are you from?
Just finished my application for Web Intelligence :biggrin:
Original post by Vdarkbloom
Just finished my application for Web Intelligence :biggrin:

That's great!
Submitted my application for pharmacology MSc, fingers crossed!
Reply 19
Original post by Brentton95
Submitted my application for pharmacology MSc, fingers crossed!

Good luck!

Applied on thursday last week for Adv. Computing.

Quick Reply