The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nicholasox
When does the children's nursing course start and end at QUB? Just wondering regarding how long my accomodation contract needs to be

Hi Nicholasox! :smile:

Nursing dates can differ slightly due to placements, so it would be best to get in touch with the School of Nursing and Midwifery Registry team who should be able to help confirm dates.

Their email is [email protected]

Enjoy the summer and we'll hopefully see you in September!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by emily_moo
Hi, I just received my offer to study the MSc in Animal Behaviour and Welfare! :banana2:

Woo hoo emily_moo - that is great news! :thumbsup:

We'll see you in September!

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 11.50.45.png[
Just wondering... is History BA a popular course at Queens? I know the grade requirements are ABB, however if I got a BBB, would I still have a good chance of getting in??

Thank you!
Original post by TaraJL
Just wondering... is History BA a popular course at Queens? I know the grade requirements are ABB, however if I got a BBB, would I still have a good chance of getting in??

Thank you!

Hi TaraJL :hello:

I am just checking this out for you and will let you know as soon as I have more info.

Thanks!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Thank you 😊
Hey everyone - just doing a quick check in to see how everything is going now exams have started? :h: How are you all getting on with them and your revision...?

If you're doing exams let me know and I can point you in the direction of some of our resources/threads as they're really helpful :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by emily_moo
Hi, I just received my offer to study the MSc in Animal Behaviour and Welfare! :banana2:

Hi Emily!
I also have an unconditional offer from the same course. Can we connect on Facebook, it would be nice to know someone there before!
Regards,
Parizad Baria
Another offer for the MSc in Animal Behaviour and Welfare here! Pretty sure it's a mistake cause my undergrad is a level 7 degree, but if it isn't I'm super excited to be moving to Belfast this September :smile:
Hi, QUB. I saw there’s a childcare at queen’s. Do you provide a course like early childhood education and care? 😊
Original post by ParizadB
Hi Emily!
I also have an unconditional offer from the same course. Can we connect on Facebook, it would be nice to know someone there before!
Regards,
Parizad Baria

Original post by KnickKnack
Another offer for the MSc in Animal Behaviour and Welfare here! Pretty sure it's a mistake cause my undergrad is a level 7 degree, but if it isn't I'm super excited to be moving to Belfast this September :smile:

Congratulations to you both! :dance:

Hopefully we will see you in September.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by 6WinterHan9
Hi, QUB. I saw there’s a childcare at queen’s. Do you provide a course like early childhood education and care? 😊

Hi there 6WinterHan9 :h:

There is not a course in early childhood education at Queen's itself, however, Stranmillis College does offer a BA in Early Childhood Studies which you can read about here.

Hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hey everyone, just posting to see if anyone here has firmed Queen's for pharmacy? I haven't met anyone that has applied for it yet :frown:
Heya! I’ve just sent you a notification to make sure everyone finds the Liverpool John Moores University applicants group chat thread Don’t worry, your username won't be visible unless you chose to post (by replying to this message or in this thread).

This chat should be really helpful for you as we approach the end of exams it’s super helpful to meet other applicants and get help with accommodation questions & UCAS questions ahead of results day. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows where it is
Anyone doing Business Information Technology? Would love to get to know some people beforehand ☺️
Hello,

Potential postgrad applicant to DECAP course in the next few years.

I was wondering can anyone tell me if you are successful is the entire course funded by the Department of Education with an additional training bursary of £15,700 paid to you each year? Or is this figure to cover the fees?

That sounds rather shallow but I need to know if it is feasible as I have a family and need to weigh things up appropriately!

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi @psych28, The following financial items are covered by DE:

➡️ University fees paid in full.
➡️ Stipend.
➡️ Annual conference fee allowance.
➡️ Placement mileage.

Please click the link below to see the Applicant Guidelines relating to all areas of finance and how to gain entry criteria for Doctorate in Educational, Child and Adolescent Psychology http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/psy/Study/PostgraduateTaught/DECAP/

Good luck!

Stephen
(Team Queen's)

Original post by psych28
Hello,

Potential postgrad applicant to DECAP course in the next few years.

I was wondering can anyone tell me if you are successful is the entire course funded by the Department of Education with an additional training bursary of £15,700 paid to you each year? Or is this figure to cover the fees?

That sounds rather shallow but I need to know if it is feasible as I have a family and need to weigh things up appropriately!

Thanks in advance :smile:
Thank you so much Stephen.

I’d had a good read through it all but I think I just wanted someone to clarify those points!

Thank you for the message of good luck - fingers crossed it’s a path I can follow in the future!!
Reply 177
Original post by Kathymh
Hey everyone, just posting to see if anyone here has firmed Queen's for pharmacy? I haven't met anyone that has applied for it yet :frown:

Hiya!! This is very late but I have firmed Pharmacy!
Hey everyone,

Just checking in ahead of A-level results day next week - how is everyone feeling about your results? :smile: If you have any questions we have loads of advice on results here which should be really helpful for you >>>. You can also ask a question there in the box at the top of the page.

Fingers crossed for everyone :crossedf: let us know how you're feeling and how everything goes in this thread :dance:

Any SQA students - hope today has gone well for you :hugs:

Romatron

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Congrats to everyone getting your results today!

How are you feeling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending