The Student Room Group

worth applying to Cambridge?

Hello,
with the Oxbridge deadline approaching I've been wondering if it's actually worth writing my personal statement early or if it's ridiculously unlikely.

I'm in my second year of A levels now and recently got my AS results - I got AAA.

At GCSE I got A*A*AAABBBCC.

I want to study Law, however I know this is an extremely competitive subject and I want this study it for liberal reasons, more focused to Human Rights Law in terms of a career and I have been inspired to gain knowledge after seeing campaigns like Black Lives Matter, Trumps travel ban and Grenfell tower (when lawyers went to help families affected). I'm not sure if this is the sort of person Cambridge would be keen to accept?

My personal statement will include extra curricular activists such as visiting courts, running an anti-bullying campaign, writing a current affairs blog since I was 13, mock trials through my sixth form, debate club, legal conferences at uni's and things like this - however i'm lacking in any law work experience?

Also is there any college to apply to that is less competitive i.e. might make my very unlikely chances slightly less very unlikely 😂 or if it's actually worth applying for a different course at Cambridge that I might have more chance with?

Thank you soooo much for any help!! It means a lot x :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by lucydish
Hello,
with the Oxbridge deadline approaching I've been wondering if it's actually worth writing my personal statement early or if it's ridiculously unlikely.

I'm in my second year of A levels now and recently got my AS results - I got AAA.

At GCSE I got A*A*AAABBBCC.

I want to study Law, however I know this is an extremely competitive subject and I want this study it for liberal reasons, more focused to Human Rights Law in terms of a career and I have been inspired to gain knowledge after seeing campaigns like Black Lives Matter, Trumps travel ban and Grenfell tower (when lawyers went to help families affected). I'm not sure if this is the sort of person Cambridge would be keen to accept?

My personal statement will include extra curricular activists such as visiting courts, running an anti-bullying campaign, writing a current affairs blog since I was 13, mock trials through my sixth form, debate club, legal conferences at uni's and things like this - however i'm lacking in any law work experience?

Also is there any college to apply to that is less competitive i.e. might make my very unlikely chances slightly less very unlikely 😂 or if it's actually worth applying for a different course at Cambridge that I might have more chance with?

Thank you soooo much for any help!! It means a lot x :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73743812

Quick Reply

Latest