BethH2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I'm a nursing student which means I usually get paid earlier than other students because my course starts at the end of August/beginning of September. Most of my friends on my course got their payments a couple of weeks ago, but due to resits, mine was delayed.

I registered with my uni yesterday and today my payment status for my first payment changed from awaiting confirmation to payment in progress, where it says it will be made within 2-3 days of the expected payment date, which was the 12th of September. I called for clarification on when I'll receive my payments and was told the payment had been submitted but the line cut out before I could get further answers for my question.

As far as I've gathered (I haven't paid much attention to the stages of payments in previous years as it wasn't delayed and I had no reason to worry) payment in progress is the stage before submitted, but my account is still telling me the payment is in progress, so is it possible that it just hasn't been changed on my account? And if the payment has been submitted, when can I expect to receive it as I have rent due this weekend and I'm likely going to need to ask my landlord for an extension of a couple of days and I'd like to give him an estimate of when it will come through?
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi BethH2002

The payment status "payment in progress" means that the payment has left SLC and will be paid into your account within two to three working days when you spoke to an adviser who state that the has been submitted it means the same status that the payment is on its way to your account.

The status will change to "paid" once it has reached your account.

Thanks Miriam
kaydon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i have recieved a letter dated 17th of may 2019 which was a friday saying i have been paid but i checked my balance but nothing.. isit because they sent the payment friday and takes 2 3 working days mayb tuesday 12 midnight im hoping.. only thing im worried why it says paid and not payment in progress hmmm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads