The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Applicants Thread 2018!

Hey everyone! This is a place to chill, meet other applicants, and chat during the application process

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

Good luck to you all; let us know how you get on! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

hi im rosie
applying to LCF and CSM
BA fashion
still dont know my official predicted grades but i got BBB in AS and i think im expecting ABB/AAB next year according to what my teachers say
Im also looking at glasgow school of art, uni of edinburgh, manchester school of art (at MMU), ravensbourne and northumbria but not sure which yet
(edited 6 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
name: ella
course: creative direction for fashion, and fashion photography
predicted grades: not sure as i did 3 a-levels, then continued just with fine art and started the first year of a ual diploma. i think i'm well on track for a b in fine art and a merit in the diploma
also applying at: manchester met, for fashion art direction! but i need a distinction or an a* to get in which is a lot of pressure for me aha

thinking about starting an lcf applicant thread too, considering they have 6 campuses and the amount of courses they offer is ridiculous! we'll wait and see how many people come to this one first though :smile: was anyone at the lime grove open day yesterday? i didn't expect to like the campus as much as i did; lcf has been my first choice for years but i thought the campus was gonna be a lot smaller, and i thought i'd hate it because it wasn't modern but nope. already freaking out about my portfolio even though we still have a few months lmao
Name: Danni
Course: BA Fine Art / Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (applying to both but honestly the chances of me getting into BA fine art right after IB are so low)
Predicted grades: 42 IB Diploma (776 in HLs)
Also applying at: GSA, UCL, Goldsmiths, University of Edinburgh, AUB, Manchester Met

thank you for starting this thread!! I'm kind of losing my mind over the portfolio already, but I've got a grain of hope keeping me going rn
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
name : katie
course : foundation diploma in art and design / ba fine art . ( currently doing btec level 3 extended diploma in fine art so the chances of going straight to a ba from that without a foundation year is probably low )
predicted grades : DDM
also applying at : manchester school of art, haven't decided anywhere else because my hearts set on csm loool

SO stressed about my portfolio . also stressed about funding etc because i'll be 19 next august and i don't live in london . i used the online fees calculator csm have and it said because i've lived on my own from being 16 i wouldn't have fees despite my age for the foundation ( because obviously it stops being free when you hit 19 ) but i'm off to an open day there next month to ask all the questions i have . is anyone else going ? i'm talking about the 29th november csm event
name : rita
course : buying and merchandising .
predicted grades : 36 IB
also applying at : haven't decided anywhere. I'm really looking forward LCF

I don't know if I should do a portfolio, as it doens't say it is required or even if it will be evaluated. in the page it says nothing about portfolio, so i'm kind of lost on this haha.
Reply 6
Original post by dannicheng
Name: Danni
Course: BA Fine Art / Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (applying to both but honestly the chances of me getting into BA fine art right after IB are so low)
Predicted grades: Not available yet as I'm still in the first semester of IB2 (IB Diploma)
Also applying at: GSA, UCL, University of Edinburgh, AUB (not 100% certain with these choices yet as I'm also considering Kingston + Manchester Met)

thank you for starting this thread!! I'm kind of losing my mind over the portfolio already, but I've got a grain of hope keeping me going rn

I'm looking to apply for the foundation at csm as well and I'm so stressed about my portfolio etc! :frown:
Reply 7
Name: Sheena
Course: BA Product Design/ foundation diploma in art and design
Predicted grades: I study Product Design, Geography and Sociology, Predicted grades are ABB
Also applying at: Coventry, De Monfort, Edinburgh, Nottingham Trent

Im super anxious about portfolio, Ive started but I dont have enough pieces or good enough pieces to show
Name: Taylor
Course: BA Fashion Communication and Promotion (csm) but will most likely do the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at CSM or the International Preparation for Fashion at LCF since im from the united states.
Predicted grades: not sure how to answer but I study fashion design at a magnet school and have pretty decent grades!
Also applying at: University of Westminster, Goldsmiths

If anyone is from the U.S., I would love to get in touch with you so I can have someone to relate to haha.
Reply 9
Name: Mary
Course: Journalism
Predicted grades: Three B's, in Media, Photography and Politics and did English Combined at a C at AS
Also applying at: Goldsmiths, Manchester Met, Leeds University (with a foundation year), University Of Westminster
Name: Kaine
Course: BA Fashion Marketing and BSC Fashion Management
Predicted grades: ABC
Also applying at: n/a
Name: Summer
Course: BA Journalism and BA Magazine Journalism and Publishing
Predicted Grades: Not had them yet :/
Also applying at: Goldsmiths, West London and Manchester Met

Soo nervous about writing a good personal statement!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tandymaaa
Name: Taylor
Course: BA Fashion Communication and Promotion (csm) but will most likely do the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at CSM or the International Preparation for Fashion at LCF since im from the united states.
Predicted grades: not sure how to answer but I study fashion design at a magnet school and have pretty decent grades!
Also applying at: University of Westminster, Goldsmiths

If anyone is from the U.S., I would love to get in touch with you so I can have someone to relate to haha.

Hi, I’m from the US too! I’m actually applying for the foundation program for fashion too @ LCF.
Name: Adonia
Course: Int. Foundation in the Study of Fashion
Predicted grades: I’m from the US so I don’t have the same qualifications as most of you. But, they’re pretty decent, definitely gonna graduate.
Also applying at: LCF is my dream school so I’m pretty set on just applying there. However, if all my dreams are crushed, I plan to apply to Pratt Institute.
Reply 14
Name: Frankie
Course: Fashion Design Womenswear
Predicted grades: Got BBC in history, fine art and RS, doing art foundation atm.
Also applying at: Kingston, Brighton, East London and LCF

So nervous about writing my personal statement, I struggled a lot last year writing mine (I applied to LCF and CSM last year but didn't make it past interviews), and i'm finding it difficult writing it again this year!!!
Name: yellowcopter
Course: BA Creative Direction (LCF), MA Fashion Media (LCF), BA Promotion Pathway (CSM)
Predicted grades: Achieved Distinction in Foundation Diploma - on gap year as didn't like my current BA course
Also applying at: Ravensbourne (did my Foundation there) and Westminster

Does anyone know if these types of courses will expect people to have a very Promotion-based portfolio or not? Or will they understand that a lot of people won't be studying Promotion at A Level or Foundation? :smile: As my portfolio is quite graphic from doing Graphic design pathway in my Foundation. Though most of my work is photos, compositions and promotion related they're not necessarily fashion promotion-esque.

Original post by polarising
already freaking out about my portfolio even though we still have a few months lmao

Same course woo :h: Do you know what you're planning to put in your portfolio? I'm finding it a bit hard to know what to include/what not to as I've never formally studied Direction/Promotion before. I've mostly been thinking to include photoshoots, video shoots, posters, leaflets, magazine covers and branding projects into mine. Luckily a lot of my graphic work involves people so it hopefully shouldn't be too hard to translate to Creative Direction / Promotion.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Name: Niki Location: France Course: Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (diagnostic mode) Predicted grades: we don't predict our grades but mine are good for the moment^^ Also applying at: other schools in France, La Cambre and the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Belgium
Name: Kyra
Course: Fashion Public Relations and Communication, Fashion Marketing (ALTERNATIVE + TO ADD ANOTHER COURSE WHICH IS ESSENTIAL FOR MY COLLEGE.
Predicted grades: ABC I believe, although C may be boosted up to a B. A in Media Studies and the other in Communication and Culture AND English Language and Literature.
Also applying at: Nowhere at the moment but UAL.
Name: fran
Course: culture, criticism and curation BA
Predicted grades: A*AB / AAB
Also applying at: KCL, Queen Mary, Goldsmiths
Reply 19
Name: Wei
Course: BA fashion courses at Central Saint Martins
Predicted grades: Graduation diploma from foundation
Also applying at: LCF, Westminster,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending