Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader
    • Answer Heroes
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Answer Heroes
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hey everyone! This is a place to chill, meet other applicants, and chat during the application process

Name:
    Predicted grades:
    Also applying at:

Good luck to you all; let us know how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Rachel
    Course: Biomedical Science
    Predicted grades: ABBB (Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Computing Science)
    Also applying at: Dundee, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow Caledonian, Robert Gordon

X

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I am a student from Greece looking for universities to study in the UK. I was especially interested in Scottish universities but ive heard its difficult to get into ... which one should i consider applying?

ReputationRep:
    Name: Paula
    Course: Forensic Science/Psychology
    Predicted grades: BBBB (Advanced higher chemistry, advanced higher biology, higher psychology and higher modern studies)
    Also applying at: Robert Gordon, Strathclyde and possibly Napier and Heriot Watt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimitra Tsichla)
    Hey! I am a student from Greece looking for universities to study in the UK. I was especially interested in Scottish universities but ive heard its difficult to get into ... which one should i consider applying?
    The majority are hard to get into, depends on what course you want to do I guess.
    And I'd love to visit Greece , have always wanted to go but not for uni !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
    The majority are hard to get into, depends on what course you want to do I guess.
    And I'd love to visit Greece , have always wanted to go but not for uni !
    i am interested in studying Psychology at the Glasgow Caledonian university or at the strathclyde university. What are my possiblities to get accepted there?Maybe i shouldnt apply for them at all? Well, Greece is awesome for holidays every island has its unique beauty! Btw i live in the island of Crete,you can look it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimitra Tsichla)
    i am interested in studying Psychology at the Glasgow Caledonian university or at the strathclyde university. What are my possiblities to get accepted there?Maybe i shouldnt apply for them at all? Well, Greece is awesome for holidays every island has its unique beauty! Btw i live in the island of Crete,you can look it up!
    Oh nice I've been looking at crete, actually maybe planning a trip this summer! I think you should apply If you want to come to University in Scotland, you've nothing to lose!! They're both pretty competitive but I'm sure if you have the grades your application will go far

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Name: Lois
    Course: Sociology
    Predicted: Hopefully ABC but certainly BBC
    Also applying at: Huddersfield, Aston, Bristol (contextual offer), Portsmouth

Not a lot of people applying to this Uni and my course 😶😶
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jawsomesauce35)
    Hi,
    Name: Lois
    Course: Sociology
    Predicted: Hopefully ABC but certainly BBC
    Also applying at: Huddersfield, Aston, Bristol (contextual offer), Portsmouth

Not a lot of people applying to this Uni and my course 😶😶
    It is a small uni my course only accepts 30 applicants

ReputationRep:
    It is a small uni my course only accepts 30 applicants
    Yeah I read that it had less than 5,000 students 😵 which for me is a good thing. And also how don't you know how many places there are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodtime)
    Yeah I read that it had less than 5,000 students 😵 which for me is a good thing. And also how don't you know how many places there are?
    I attended their open day and also emailed them

ReputationRep:
    I attended their open day and also emailed them

I won't be able to attend any open days for this uni so do you mind telling me what it was like? And I might e-mail them as well to find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodtime)
    I won't be able to attend any open days for this uni so do you mind telling me what it was like? And I might e-mail them as well to find out
    I couldn't stay long but yeah the campus was good and staff were lovely, spoke to some people about various things. You can get a lot of information on their website

ReputationRep:
    Name: Donna
    Course: Forensic Investigation
    Predicted grades: 36 IB (HL english, biology, chemistry, SL french, business and management, maths studies)
    Also applying at: University of the West of Scotland, Glasgow Caledonian, Heriot-Watt, Staffordshire

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional !

ReputationRep:
    Hi my fellow scots FiveGlue and heyits.donna have you guys applied and heard back?
    Also are you guys applying goodtime Dimitra Tsichla ?

ReputationRep:
    Name: Megan
    Course: Computing/Computer Science
    Predicted grades: AAB
    Also applying at: Glasgow, Stirling, UEA

ReputationRep:
    -Course:BSC Ethical Hacking (firm choice)
    -Offer received
    -Offers received at: Coventry University, University of Gloucestershire

ReputationRep:
    Hi my fellow scots FiveGlue and heyits.donna have you guys applied and heard back?
    Also are you guys applying goodtime Dimitra Tsichla ?
    Yeah I've got a conditional offer now

ReputationRep:
    Name: Tom
    Course: Ethical Hacking
    Predicted grades: A (AH Maths) A (AH Computing) A (AH Physics)
    Also applying at: Edinburgh (Maths) and Heriot Watt (Finance with business law)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.