The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Abertay University Applicants Thread 2018!

Hey everyone! This is a place to chill, meet other applicants, and chat during the application process

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

Good luck to you all; let us know how you get on! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Name: Rachel
Course: Biomedical Science
Predicted grades: ABBB (Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Computing Science)
Also applying at: Dundee, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow Caledonian, Robert Gordon

X
University logo
Abertay University
Hey! I am a student from Greece looking for universities to study in the UK. I was especially interested in Scottish universities but ive heard its difficult to get into ... which one should i consider applying?
Reply 3
Name: Paula
Course: Forensic Science/Psychology
Predicted grades: BBBB (Advanced higher chemistry, advanced higher biology, higher psychology and higher modern studies)
Also applying at: Robert Gordon, Strathclyde and possibly Napier and Heriot Watt
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dimitra Tsichla
Hey! I am a student from Greece looking for universities to study in the UK. I was especially interested in Scottish universities but ive heard its difficult to get into ... which one should i consider applying?

The majority are hard to get into, depends on what course you want to do I guess.
And I'd love to visit Greece , have always wanted to go but not for uni !
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
The majority are hard to get into, depends on what course you want to do I guess.
And I'd love to visit Greece , have always wanted to go but not for uni !

i am interested in studying Psychology at the Glasgow Caledonian university or at the strathclyde university. What are my possiblities to get accepted there?Maybe i shouldnt apply for them at all?:frown: Well, Greece is awesome for holidays every island has its unique beauty! Btw i live in the island of Crete,you can look it up!
Original post by Dimitra Tsichla
i am interested in studying Psychology at the Glasgow Caledonian university or at the strathclyde university. What are my possiblities to get accepted there?Maybe i shouldnt apply for them at all?:frown: Well, Greece is awesome for holidays every island has its unique beauty! Btw i live in the island of Crete,you can look it up!

Oh nice I've been looking at crete, actually maybe planning a trip this summer! I think you should apply If you want to come to University in Scotland, you've nothing to lose!! They're both pretty competitive but I'm sure if you have the grades your application will go far :smile:
Hi,
Name: Lois
Course: Sociology
Predicted: Hopefully ABC but certainly BBC
Also applying at: Huddersfield, Aston, Bristol (contextual offer), Portsmouth

Not a lot of people applying to this Uni and my course 😶😶
Original post by Jawsomesauce35
Hi,
Name: Lois
Course: Sociology
Predicted: Hopefully ABC but certainly BBC
Also applying at: Huddersfield, Aston, Bristol (contextual offer), Portsmouth

Not a lot of people applying to this Uni and my course 😶😶

It is a small uni my course only accepts 30 applicants
It is a small uni my course only accepts 30 applicants

Yeah I read that it had less than 5,000 students 😵 which for me is a good thing. And also how don't you know how many places there are?
Original post by goodtime
Yeah I read that it had less than 5,000 students 😵 which for me is a good thing. And also how don't you know how many places there are?

I attended their open day and also emailed them
I attended their open day and also emailed them

I won't be able to attend any open days for this uni so do you mind telling me what it was like? And I might e-mail them as well to find out
Original post by goodtime
I won't be able to attend any open days for this uni so do you mind telling me what it was like? And I might e-mail them as well to find out

I couldn't stay long but yeah the campus was good and staff were lovely, spoke to some people about various things. You can get a lot of information on their website
Name: Donna
Course: Forensic Investigation
Predicted grades: 36 IB (HL english, biology, chemistry, SL french, business and management, maths studies)
Also applying at: University of the West of Scotland, Glasgow Caledonian, Heriot-Watt, Staffordshire
Got a conditional ! :smile:
Hi my fellow scots @FiveGlue and @heyits.donna have you guys applied and heard back?
Also are you guys applying @goodtime @Dimitra Tsichla ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Name: Megan
Course: Computing/Computer Science
Predicted grades: AAB
Also applying at: Glasgow, Stirling, UEA
-Course:BSC Ethical Hacking (firm choice)
-Offer received
-Offers received at: Coventry University, University of Gloucestershire
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi my fellow scots @FiveGlue and @heyits.donna have you guys applied and heard back?
Also are you guys applying @goodtime @Dimitra Tsichla ?

Yeah I've got a conditional offer now
Name: Tom
Course: Ethical Hacking
Predicted grades: A (AH Maths) A (AH Computing) A (AH Physics)
Also applying at: Edinburgh (Maths) and Heriot Watt (Finance with business law)

Quick Reply

Latest