The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS Applicants 2018!

Hey everyone! This is a place to chill, meet other applicants, and chat during the application process

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

Good luck to you all; let us know how you get on! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hey Chelsea 😊I will be applying for UWS next year! I was successful a couple of years ago in my application but due to personal circumstances I unfortunately had to turn my place down so I’m praying I can make it second time lucky as I’m now 27 and don’t want to leave it any longer lol.
Name: Terri
Course: Midwifery
Predicted grades: I currently have 8 standard grades (four 1s and four 2s), 6 highers (two A’s, two B’s and two C’s) and a BA degree in social sciences from Strathclyde uni.
Also applying at: UWS will be my only options due to family commitments as we would be unable to move because of my husbands job. Talk about putting all of your eggs in the one basket lol... Anyone else applying for next years intake 😊? Also, will anyone else be going to the open day at Hamilton on 28th Oct? I’m really looking forward to it! X
(edited 6 years ago)
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Name: Donna
Course: Forensic Science
Predicted grades: 36 IB
Also applying at: Abertay, Glasgow Caledonian, Heriot Watt (conditional), Staffordshire (conditional)

I have an unconditional offer but I'm waiting to hear back from Glasgow Caley before I decide :smile:
Reply 3
Name: John
Course: Chemistry with Education
Currently Studying: AH Biology, AH Chemistry, AH Music, Scottish Baccalaureate in Science, "Top Up"
Achieved Grades: Higher AAAAB (Chemistry, Human Biology, Maths, Music, English)
Also applying at: Glasgow, Strathclyde

Sent application yesterday and got unconditional offer this afternoon. Still waiting to hear from Glasgow and Strathclyde though.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi everyone !! I’m a swap student and got an offer today !! Applied on 19/13/17 Name: AshleighLocation: ScotlandCourse: PsychologyAchieved grades: swap access course Also applying at: Glasgow uni , Stirling and callySo excited 😃
Reply 5
Name: Scott
Course: Computer Animation
Achieved grades: AA
Also applying at: GCU, Abertay and Dundee
Hi, I am Eirini from Greece. I want to study social work. I applied to the UWS (Paisley Campus), to GCU, Robert Gordon and Stirling.
I was interviewed by the UWS , I have an interview for Robert Gordon
and I was rejected by Strathclyde.
Predicted grades:19/20 (greek apolytirion).
I am finishing high school in June.
Name: Stephanie
Course: Bioscience with zoology
Predicted grades: BBC advanced higher
Also applying at: Bangor university

I got an unconditional for UWS, but this is my insurance offer with Bangor university as my Firm choice. I thought it would be a good idea to meet people from both university incase i don't meet my conditions! :smile:
Good luck to the rest of you all!
Good luck Stephanie, interesting subject!
I got a conditional for uws paisley. The conditions are easy to meet. I will make it my firm choice
Name: Michelle
Also applying at: UWS, Glasgow Caledonian, Strathclyde and Stirling
Name: Rosie
Location: Will be studying at the UWS Paisley campus, currently live in the Scottish Borders
Course: Criminal Justice
Predicted grades: No idea
Also applying at: I applied at Stirling, Napier and Abertay, but accepted my
unconditional at UWS :smile:
Hi Rosie, I made my mind up for Paisley, too. See you in September
Reply 13
Im Tracey and am a mature student applying for:
Social work 1st and 2nd year entry at UWS and GCU.
Social Sciences 3rd yr entry at GCU.
No response to any of my choices so far.
I live in North Lanarkshire and am a 2nd year HND student.
I have been made an unconditional to UWS for business Ba hons, but the reputation of the university does not bother me that much, as a degree is a degree? I am curious about the student life and activities (paisley) I have heard the Union closes often as there isn’t enough money to support it?
I don't know about the Union, but yesterday I made UWS my firm choice for social work. I have a very positive gut feeling about this university
name: neave
course: social sciences
also applied at: edinburgh, napier, gcu & stirling

Interested to see if anyone else has applied for the SS course 2018 😁
Hi Everyone! I completed the SWAP Access to Humanities and now going on to do Law at UWS Paisley Campus anyone else going on to do this?
Got an unconditional and cannot wait to get started!
congratulations! I am not doing law, I am doing social work (paisley campus). Most of the people in my course are waiting for their results. I am very excited too
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the course.

Quick Reply

Latest