The Student Room Group

Furry gets a grade! Hopefully...

Scroll to see replies

Did the nice weather (before the rain arrived :colonhash: ) make you smile?:redface:
why have one pingwin when u can have two
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry to hear it's been such a difficult week :penguinhug:

Original post by CoolCavy

Thanks both :redface:

Original post by 04MR17
Did the nice weather (before the rain arrived :colonhash: ) make you smile?:redface:

Ooh it did! One of my conditions realllllyyyy isn't good with heat so I tend to spend the whole time passing out but managed to not this time. So that was definitely a positive too! Hope tonight's gone well, will come see you tomorrow hopefully :smile:

Original post by CoolCavy
why have one pingwin when u can have two

Okay this also made me smile. Happy penguin! :tongue:
Original post by furryface12
Ooh it did! One of my conditions realllllyyyy isn't good with heat so I tend to spend the whole time passing out but managed to not this time. So that was definitely a positive too! Hope tonight's gone well, will come see you tomorrow hopefully :smile:
Ooh yay thank you.:dance:

Currently in library trying to smash an assignment. As you can tell from me being on TSR, it's going brilliantly.:colondollar:
Original post by 04MR17
Ooh yay thank you.:dance:

Currently in library trying to smash an assignment. As you can tell from me being on TSR, it's going brilliantly.:colondollar:

Sat on my bed trying to do the same. Also going spectacularly :tongue: might just go to sleep.... again
I have so so much to do in the next couple of weeks :redface: but oh well. One step at a time.

good luck for tomorrow ! you're almost there, you can do it ! we believe in you ! keep going !!!!!!!!

xx
Update 32 (I think)

A shamefully long time since I did this but thought I'd do a final (ish) update for you all. I finished the year! I've had a couple of weeks since I did now, they've been busier than I'd have liked but mostly good stuff. The last couple of days I've finally been able to rest a bit and start to catch up with myself.

I am so so happy. If you'd have told me a year ago, or two or three or four that i'd finished first year of university i'd never have believed you. No-one even expected me to last a few weeks. It's been really insanely stupidly hard but good too. I've learnt an awful lot and come a long way, yes in my subjects but in myself and how I can get by in everyday life too. I moved to a new place where I knew next to no-one and didn't know my way round, and now I do both of those. I've talked to people and advocated for myself, for someone that could quite happily go for weeks without speaking to anyone (and did) this is amazing. My health has been up and down but i've looked after it as much as I can and let things go where they've got too much. Next year I want to carry on working on these, particularly by trying to make some friends which I've found really hard. But I'm on the way and I'm really pleased with what i've achieved.

Thank you to everyone that's kept up with my ramblings or commented at any point here or elsewhere, you've really helped. Especially on my down days or wanting to give up you've kept me going. There'll probably be a couple more posts, one when I get my exam results and possibly when I'm working on my outstanding essays over the summer. And then it'll be next year! I might try and do a blog again, i'll see- any suggestions etc for this then fire away.

Good luck to anyone with exams still left, and thank you! :smile:

@04MR17 @Ameba @Anon_98 @CastCuraga @CoolCavy @EmilySarah00 @gcsemusicsucks @Pathway @Protostar @sinfonietta @The_Lonely_Goatherd and anyone else!
(edited 5 years ago)
you have done amazing :penguinhug:
thanks for keeping me going through first year :hugs:
:ditto:

You're so amazing furry.:heart:

[video="youtube;F__XFqUP1HU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F__XFqUP1HU[/video]

As for friends, it's be so lovely getting to know you this year, despite always having things on whereby we've rarely had chance to meet.:redface: Hopefully more next year!:biggrin:
So proud of you :hugs: you’ve smashed it! And you’ll keep smashing it in the remaining years too :awesome:
You're incredible, so proud of you :lovehug:
This is amazing! Well done, so proud of you and what you've achieved. :jumphug:
Update 32 (I think)

A shamefully long time since I did this but thought I'd do a final (ish) update for you all. I finished the year! I've had a couple of weeks since I did now, they've been busier than I'd have liked but mostly good stuff. The last couple of days I've finally been able to rest a bit and start to catch up with myself.

I am so so happy. If you'd have told me a year ago, or two or three or four that i'd finished first year of university i'd never have believed you. No-one even expected me to last a few weeks. It's been really insanely stupidly hard but good too. I've learnt an awful lot and come a long way, yes in my subjects but in myself and how I can get by in everyday life too. I moved to a new place where I knew next to no-one and didn't know my way round, and now I do both of those. I've talked to people and advocated for myself, for someone that could quite happily go for weeks without speaking to anyone (and did) this is amazing. My health has been up and down but i've looked after it as much as I can and let things go where they've got too much. Next year I want to carry on working on these, particularly by trying to make some friends which I've found really hard. But I'm on the way and I'm really pleased with what i've achieved.

Thank you to everyone that's kept up with my ramblings or commented at any point here or elsewhere, you've really helped. Especially on my down days or wanting to give up you've kept me going. There'll probably be a couple more posts, one when I get my exam results and possibly when I'm working on my outstanding essays over the summer. And then it'll be next year! I might try and do a blog again, i'll see- any suggestions etc for this then fire away.

Good luck to anyone with exams still left, and thank you! :smile:

@04MR17 @Ameba @Anon_98 @CastCuraga @CoolCavy @EmilySarah00 @gcsemusicsucks @Pathway @Protostar @sinfonietta @The_Lonely_Goatherd and anyone else!

So proud! You're so awesome :penguinhug:
I'm sure next year is going to be even better :awesome:
Congratulations on finishing the year and so glad you're happy, you deserve it! :cube:
Results! (mostly)

Thought I'd do one final update just for the sake of completeness- I think everyone in here already knows how I got on from various places.

I passed! And I got a first. I am so so pleased! The first is with one essay outstanding which I've submitted this week, I only need 50% in it though so hopefully will get to keep it. My music grades were quite a bit lower than my psych ones bar the one theory module (89% :colondollar:) but that's okay, and expected. My intention is to do both again next year then just psych the year after, I'll see how things go then.

This year has been ridiculously incredibly hard but I'm so pleased to have got through it. It's so nice to feel like I'm moving on with my life at last! And I love my course and uni which helps- obviously not every part of every lecture, but most of it. Hopefully that'll only grow over the next couple of years, or however long it takes me to get through it. I would love to stay and do a masters after, and/or PGCE, but I'll see how that goes.

I'm not quite decided on another blog yet. It would be nice to do but I could do with getting better at updating, and i'm not sure how helpful it is for anyone to read it. But thank you all so much for your support both on TSR and off. I really appreciate it, and couldn't have done it without you all :hugs: any ideas for possible improvements/titles/content/anything else let me know! But other than that, enjoy the rest of your summer those that have it and good luck whatever you're doing next year! :smile:

Final tag list @04MR17 @Ameba @Anon_98 @CastCuraga @CoolCavy @EmilySarah00 @gcsemusicsucks @Pathway @Protostar @The_Lonely_Goatherd how on earth did I just remember all them :lol: glad to know my brain has at least *something* useful with all its mush
Results! (mostly)

Thought I'd do one final update just for the sake of completeness- I think everyone in here already knows how I got on from various places.

I passed! And I got a first. I am so so pleased! The first is with one essay outstanding which I've submitted this week, I only need 50% in it though so hopefully will get to keep it. My music grades were quite a bit lower than my psych ones bar the one theory module (89% :colondollar:) but that's okay, and expected. My intention is to do both again next year then just psych the year after, I'll see how things go then.

This year has been ridiculously incredibly hard but I'm so pleased to have got through it. It's so nice to feel like I'm moving on with my life at last! And I love my course and uni which helps- obviously not every part of every lecture, but most of it. Hopefully that'll only grow over the next couple of years, or however long it takes me to get through it. I would love to stay and do a masters after, and/or PGCE, but I'll see how that goes.

I'm not quite decided on another blog yet. It would be nice to do but I could do with getting better at updating, and i'm not sure how helpful it is for anyone to read it. But thank you all so much for your support both on TSR and off. I really appreciate it, and couldn't have done it without you all :hugs: any ideas for possible improvements/titles/content/anything else let me know! But other than that, enjoy the rest of your summer those that have it and good luck whatever you're doing next year! :smile:

Final tag list @04MR17 @Ameba @Anon_98 @CastCuraga @CoolCavy @EmilySarah00 @gcsemusicsucks @Pathway @Protostar @The_Lonely_Goatherd how on earth did I just remember all them :lol: glad to know my brain has at least *something* useful with all its mush

Oh my gosh congratulations! A first is absolutely amazing :redface: 89%?! :gasp::jumphug:You should be so so proud, well done! :heart: Would love to see another blog as well :biggrin:
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Oh my gosh congratulations! A first is absolutely amazing :redface: 89%?! :gasp::jumphug:You should be so so proud, well done! :heart: Would love to see another blog as well :biggrin:

I like theory :colondollar: so annoyed they're getting rid of that module (and just about every other good one) next year. But that's life I suppose :tongue: thank you- I'll think about it!
This hasn't surprised me.:proud:

Well deserved.:yep: Inspirational story, brilliant and clever human being and couldn't have happened to a nicer person.:smile:
Results! (mostly)

So proud of you furry, we’ll done!!! You’ve absolutely smashed it - and I’m so glad you’re happy there :hugs: I look forward to hearing how you get on next year (whether it’s in blog form or not) :heart: You’re amazing and should be so incredibly proud of yourself!! :yep:
Original post by 04MR17
This hasn't surprised me.:proud:

Well deserved.:yep: Inspirational story, brilliant and clever human being and couldn't have happened to a nicer person.:smile:

Original post by Protostar
So proud of you furry, we’ll done!!! You’ve absolutely smashed it - and I’m so glad you’re happy there :hugs: I look forward to hearing how you get on next year (whether it’s in blog form or not) :heart: You’re amazing and should be so incredibly proud of yourself!! :yep:

Thanks both :redface: well done to you guys, too!!
Oh FFS, I can't rep this. TSRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry:

Congratulations lovely, so proud of you! I'm not sure you told me you got 89% in theory - gimme your theory brain plz? Kthxbai :teeth:

I love reading your blog because sometimes I forget to actually message you direct and ask how you're doing. But no pressure to do another one - just whatever work for you.

Proud of you, always. You're an inspiration to me :yep: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending