The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine 2018 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lotus_zyar
got a conditional offer yesterday! didn't know they give unconditional.. or is that cause you've finished A Levels already?

i got unconditional cos im a gap year student
Original post by Jamesmarsh99
i got unconditional cos im a gap year student

oh ok congrats!
When do you guys think the post offer day will be?
Original post by anyamalhi
When do you guys think the post offer day will be?

You mean offer holder day? Two have already happened in January and February but there may be another one.
Hi, can I ask where you got the page from because I had a look at their site yesterday and their entry requirements for GCSE are different at minimum 5 B’s???
Original post by HateOCR
Tell me what they say. By the way i found this on st georges website F2F28EB2-0A51-484F-886E-DEE5730490BA.jpg.jpeg

Hi, can I ask where you found this because I checked the site yesterday and in terms of GCSEs they require minimum 5 B’s ???
Original post by Anon736
You mean offer holder day? Two have already happened in January and February but there may be another one.

Yeah that's what I meant, I'd assume there'd be another one for the people who have only recently received offers. I'm relying on it to help me choose between two uni's
sup dudes got an offer a while back, I think it was late January maybe early February. So I've seen people like to know stats required to get into places so I guess I should post mine.7A* 2A and A*AA prediction with a 675 UKCAT, to be honest, I found the St Georges interview to be the one I struggled with quite a bit you really have to apply your knowledge. Anyways good luck with your a levels I'm still thinking whether to pick Exeter or Georges
Reply 808
Original post by supdudes
sup dudes got an offer a while back, I think it was late January maybe early February. So I've seen people like to know stats required to get into places so I guess I should post mine.7A* 2A and A*AA prediction with a 675 UKCAT, to be honest, I found the St Georges interview to be the one I struggled with quite a bit you really have to apply your knowledge. Anyways good luck with your a levels I'm still thinking whether to pick Exeter or Georges

Why would you pick St George's over Exeter? St George's appears to be the lowest ranked medicine (overall rating includes student ratings) and Exeter is the 5th, from what I can remember. I need to decide between St George's and Sheffield and your rationing may be useful...
Original post by lulal
Why would you pick St George's over Exeter? St George's appears to be the lowest ranked medicine (overall rating includes student ratings) and Exeter is the 5th, from what I can remember. I need to decide between St George's and Sheffield and your rationing may be useful...

Hello! Well, for me I don't look at the rankings as the rankings don't really matter for medicine I'm just thinking where I'm going to enjoy university life and where I'll learn the most about medicine in a real-world environment. There's no better place than London! But on the flipside, Exeter comes with prestige and people I spoke to have thoroughly enjoyed going there and the fact St Georges is purely medicine orientated makes me wonder whether I'd enjoy having friends doing different subject (if that makes sense).I mean I'd also like to see your rationing.
Reply 810
Original post by supdudes
Hello! Well, for me I don't look at the rankings as the rankings don't really matter for medicine I'm just thinking where I'm going to enjoy university life and where I'll learn the most about medicine in a real-world environment. There's no better place than London! But on the flipside, Exeter comes with prestige and people I spoke to have thoroughly enjoyed going there and the fact St Georges is purely medicine orientated makes me wonder whether I'd enjoy having friends doing different subject (if that makes sense).I mean I'd also like to see your rationing.

I had another look at these rankings and these are based on the following criteria: student satisfaction, graduate prospects, research quality and entry standards.
I guess we are now past the entry process so will disregard it. Graduate prospects are at 100% for all three: St George's, Exeter and Sheffield.
I would not necessarily be too concerned about the scoring on research, since I guess I'd be concentrating on studying established knowledge at this stage. Student satisfaction is probably what matters and Sheffield is 4.24, Exeter rating is 4.22 and St George's 3.87.

There's also this info available:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2017/may/16/university-guide-2018-league-table-for-medicine

Then is the fact that you mentioned: student life and limitations in only mixing with healthcare students. We will be all our lives working in the healthcare system, it would be good to enjoy a bit more the diversity of students from other branches.

You say you've spoken to Exeter students and they really enjoyed it there. How about St George's? Have you received equally good feedback? I only spoke to the students helping out at open days and I guess they had to be positive in that respect.
Original post by lulal
I had another look at these rankings and these are based on the following criteria: student satisfaction, graduate prospects, research quality and entry standards.
I guess we are now past the entry process so will disregard it. Graduate prospects are at 100% for all three: St George's, Exeter and Sheffield.
I would not necessarily be too concerned about the scoring on research, since I guess I'd be concentrating on studying established knowledge at this stage. Student satisfaction is probably what matters and Sheffield is 4.24, Exeter rating is 4.22 and St George's 3.87.

There's also this info available:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2017/may/16/university-guide-2018-league-table-for-medicine

Then is the fact that you mentioned: student life and limitations in only mixing with healthcare students. We will be all our lives working in the healthcare system, it would be good to enjoy a bit more the diversity of students from other branches.

You say you've spoken to Exeter students and they really enjoyed it there. How about St George's? Have you received equally good feedback? I only spoke to the students helping out at open days and I guess they had to be positive in that respect.

I have only spoken to students whilst attending interviews and open days. Yeah, I feel like I'd also enjoy a larger campus rather than always in the hospital.
If anyone's wondering, the offer holder day is going to be on Friday April 27th, I just called them x
If anyone's wondering, the offer holder day is going to be on Friday April 27th, I just called them x

When are they going to Send an Email about it?
When are they going to Send an Email about it?

They said this week so I'm assuming they'll send it tomorrow
They said this week so I'm assuming they'll send it tomorrow

Okay Thanks
Okay Thanks

Got the Email now...Booked the Ticket...Does anyone know the Dress Code ...
Got the Email now...Booked the Ticket...Does anyone know the Dress Code ...

It'll just be casual like I'm gonna come in jeans haha
It'll just be casual like I'm gonna come in jeans haha

Yeah me too then lol
Original post by Hdheimdnbf
Predicted: AAAA*(EPQ)
UKCAT:660 b2
GCSE’S: 1A* 8A 1B
Would I get an interview?

Hi, thats similar to my stats, did you get an interview? I didn't get any offers this year and i didnt apply to SGUL this year either. I might take a gap year and apply to SGUL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending