Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Starting this thread for everyone who will be applying for the TSP. Applications start at the beginning of October according to their Facebook page.

This will be my third year applying, previous years I have not managed to get through to the AC, so 3rd time lucky this year hopefully!

This will be my first year applying as an existing HMRC employee as I was offered an O Band position from the first year I applied and I've been there nearly 9 months now.

ReputationRep:
    Back to the rat race once again, hopefully this will be our year kneale!

This will be my third attempt. First year made it to A.C. and put on reserve list, was actually offered a place in the end but they couldn't get my checks done in time to start which was rubbish, I later turned down a HO role after being strung along for months. The second attempt I didn't even make it as far as A.C, I hope they've dropped the additional situational judgement test this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rchilton)

This will be my third attempt. First year made it to A.C. and put on reserve list, was actually offered a place in the end but they couldn't get my checks done in time to start which was rubbish, I later turned down a HO role after being strung along for months. The second attempt I didn't even make it as far as A.C, I hope they've dropped the additional situational judgement test this year.
    Hello again! That final SJT was awful last year! I'm eager to find out what the different stages are this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rchilton)

(Original post by Kneale)
    Hello again! That final SJT was awful last year! I'm eager to find out what the different stages are this year.
    Agree, I got over 95% for all tests bar the final SJT which I got in the 30s - good luck to you all.
    Also confirmed internally it's likely to be October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeilCox)
    That's really bad luck about the checks, Kneale. My understanding was the list should be applied in strict order of merit, not by how fast they can't get checks done!

I thought the SJT was terrible too. I've heard some people got through to the AC with marks in the 40s and 50s on stage1 and stage2 though....?

Good luck to everybody this year, I'm waiting on an O-band offer from last year but no news on checks on that front either
    Yeah know a few who got on with marks like that.

Probably sour grapes as I didn't get through but I think using a personality questionnaire from an external test provider was main reason I failed - I obviously did well in the original CSIST which included an HMRC specific situational judgement test but then bombed the external one.

ReputationRep:
    It’s here

Although a video interview is new!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    It’s here

Although a video interview is new!
    I see this is the new stage 2! Oh dear haha.

ReputationRep:
    hey sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a little confused about the application form as it says job details and there is a list of things and beside it it says optional, do we just need to complete what they have listed?

ReputationRep:
    Starting this thread for everyone who will be applying for the TSP. Applications start at the beginning of October according to their Facebook page.

This will be my third year applying, previous years I have not managed to get through to the AC, so 3rd time lucky this year hopefully!

This will be my first year applying as an existing HMRC employee as I was offered an O Band position from the first year I applied and I've been there nearly 9 months now.
    How did you get offered an O band role if you didn't make it to the assessment centre in previous years? Did they offer you an interview based on your test results or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovecupcakes)
    hey sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a little confused about the application form as it says job details and there is a list of things and beside it it says optional, do we just need to complete what they have listed?
    Ignore that page, don’t change anything on it, that page shouldn’t have been included 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warratz10)
    How did you get offered an O band role if you didn't make it to the assessment centre in previous years? Did they offer you an interview based on your test results or something
    No interview, was offered the job based on the test results.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! scheme officially open and first invite to verbal test! no SJT but the dreaded video interview format has appeared.
    I made it to reserve list after AC last year and was offered an O band but turned it down (already at that level in a different city)
    good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    Ignore that page, don’t hang antrhjng on it, that page shouldn’t have been included 😂
    Aww ok thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Completed the verbal reasoning test, it asked more questions than last year for me! Last year was 6, this year about 12 - I scored better than 68% of people who have previously taken this test. Status now says 'On hold after Verbal Test' - anyone else completed it?

ReputationRep:
    Completed the verbal reasoning test, it asked more questions than last year for me! Last year was 6, this year about 12 - I scored better than 68% of people who have previously taken this test. Status now says 'On hold after Verbal Test' - anyone else completed it?
    Congrats pal. Will do it over this weekend or next weekend - was it timed? I can’t remeber 😂

ReputationRep:
    Second year for me applying, I didn't get through to assessment centre last year. Good luck to everyone! I'm currently going through pre-employment checks after a provisional offer off the back of TSP last year! I'm dreading the sjt if I get that far- I did another application for a HO post earlier this year with a similar sort of sjt and did badly with 12%! Don't even know how I managed to get that low a score!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. It seems to have been removed 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    Lol. It seems to have been removed 😂
    Lol they did the same last year, there would of been mistakes with the forms

ReputationRep:
    Well done. Did you do any prep for it? I'm using Graduate Monkey to prepare. No idea if I've waste my money or not, will find out over the weekend. I plan to prepare on Saturday, then take the test on Sunday.

This is my first time applying for this scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistdruid)
    Well done. Did you do any prep for it? I'm using Graduate Monkey to prepare. No idea if I've waste my money or not, will find out over the weekend. I plan to prepare on Saturday, then take the test on Sunday.

This is my first time applying for this scheme.
    No prep, I’m on two strong painkillers due to a neck/shoulder injury so just wanted to get it out of the way last night! I’ve done loads of these types of tests over the last 2 years and also I don’t think you can prepare a lot for verbal reasoning tests personally.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.