?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want 4 a*'s for the following a levels:
-OCR B (salters) Chemistry
-Edexcel Maths
-Edexcel Further Maths
-Edexcel Physics

I'm in y12.
I need advise on how to organise my self to achieve these grades (or for the pessimists, how to approach these grades).
Any advice will be acceptable and also, if ANYONE is doing the same A levels as me, PLEASE PM me any resources. Please.

DYoverDX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
bump
DYoverDX
Rep:
?
(Original post by DingusDongus)
dont bump after 2 minutes you absolute knobhead
Please don't ruin this thread with flaming.
Note to moderators - please don't ruin this thread by removing it. I'm not offended by Dingus.
SamMufc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They are 4 of the hardest A levels you can take, what grades did you achieve at GCSE?
an_atheist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DYoverDX)
I want 4 a*'s for the following a levels:
-OCR B (salters) Chemistry
-Edexcel Maths
-Edexcel Further Maths
-Edexcel Physics

I'm in y12.
I need advise on how to organise my self to achieve these grades (or for the pessimists, how to approach these grades).
Any advice will be acceptable and also, if ANYONE is doing the same A levels as me, PLEASE PM me any resources. Please.
I achieved those grades in those subjects this year.
With maths its a matter of learn the content and then do as many past papers as you can get your hands on.
Chemistry was a case of write your notes as detailed as possible, rewrite them a few times over the year and then do past papers
Physics, I used hyperphysics to revise content and then again past papers.

I also found that reading ahead, if only by a lesson or two helped me retain the information from class better (https://eic.rsc.org/feature/jump-sta...020180.article might explain it a bit better in the first section and box). Reading around the subject also works, but make sure you dont fall behind on classwork before doing anything extra
DYoverDX
Rep:
?
(Original post by an_atheist)
I achieved those grades in those subjects this year.
With maths its a matter of learn the content and then do as many past papers as you can get your hands on.
Chemistry was a case of write your notes as detailed as possible, rewrite them a few times over the year and then do past papers
Physics, I used hyperphysics to revise content and then again past papers.

I also found that reading ahead, if only by a lesson or two helped me retain the information from class better (https://eic.rsc.org/feature/jump-sta...020180.article might explain it a bit better). Reading around the subject also works, but make sure you dont fall behind on classwork before doing anything extra
THANK YOU. Can you send me any resources if possible?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I did Edexcel maths and OCR chemistry (but it was A not B). I did physics but dropped it so I'll give you advice on the other two:

Maths: do every past paper you can get your hands on. Physics and maths tutor is a good site - it has questions by topic to do as you go along and past papers going back to 2001. Do the questions in the text books - and the review exercises. Exam solutions is a good site - it has tutorial videos and videos on past papers if you're stuck.

Chemistry: do the questions in the book, do past papers and use revision guides (CGP is a good one especially for the practical stuff). Also Chem guide is a good website to use. Try past papers from other exam boards especially Edexcel which has mcq's which old OCR didn't.

As both are new spec I would advise saving the specimens and chemistry 2017 papers till right up to the exams for more relevant practice.
DYoverDX
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamMufc)
They are 4 of the hardest A levels you can take, what grades did you achieve at GCSE?
Triple Science = all A's
Maths = 8 (low A*)
English Lang = 6 (B)
English Lit = 7 (A)
Computing = A*
Sociology = B
Statistics = A
BTEC Business = Distinction*
ECDL = Distinction*
an_atheist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
THANK YOU. Can you send me any resources if possible?
Hyperphysics:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/index.html

Chemistry:
I read a lot of the older Education in chemistry stuff, see if you can get some articles off the archive. Take a look at some of these. beyond that use textbooks.

Maths just search <module> <exam board> past papers, should come up with a few
DYoverDX
Rep:
?
(Original post by an_atheist)
Hyperphysics:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/index.html

Chemistry:
I read a lot of the older Education in chemistry stuff, see if you can get some articles off the archive. Take a look at some of these. beyond that use textbooks.

Maths just search <module> <exam board> past papers, should come up with a few
How about organising notes? Is this relevant?
an_atheist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How about organising notes? Is this relevant?
Organise them however you want. Ostensibly I had a folder for chem notes, but it amounted to sitting at the back of my pad of paper. Had a physics book, but never really looked at it. Maths was placed in the textbook in the exercise that the work covered. Organised chaos on my desk at home.
As long as you know where everything is, you'll be fine. folders and stuff obviously help with this, but arent strictly necessary. You'll not cover anything that cant be found on the internet in a pinch anyhow.
DingusDongus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
**** off and die.
No need to be so rude and offensive pal. Treat others how you wish to treated.
DYoverDX
Rep:
?
fv
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.43%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
54.89%
No (73)
39.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed