The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Failed resit examination

Hello I needed some advice on what to do next, I failed a resit exam and the module for psychology. Im studying at City university, I want to carry on my studies but Im being told i cant progress to 2nd year. Has anyone been in a similar position so that they can advise me? I've since contacted the student union with my predicament, asking for what options are available to me. Any advise would be great, thanks
Why did you fail the resit? Universities usually have pretty clear-cut processes about who can and who can't go on to the next year. Read your course handbook/university regulations and see if you have any options. Unless there are mitigating circumstances I wouldn't get your hopes up - maybe time to start thinking about a back-up plan.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Duncan2012
Why did you fail the resit? Universities usually have pretty clear-cut processes about who can and who can't go on to the next year. Read your course handbook/university regulations and see if you have any options. Unless there are mitigating circumstances I wouldn't get your hopes up - maybe time to start thinking about a back-up plan.

I may have mitigating circumstances but not extenuating ones. I could mention them to the union and my personal advisor. Could I transfer to another university to start my first year again?
Original post by Sp1der
I may have mitigating circumstances but not extenuating ones. I could mention them to the union and my personal advisor. Could I transfer to another university to start my first year again?

Look at it from the uni's perspective. There's a module which you need to pass to make it on to the second year. You didn't pass it, then when you had another opportunity you still didn't pass it. You'll need to be able to demonstrate a very good reason why you should be allowed to continue to second year if you can't prove that you understand the first year work. That's where you may have difficulty.

As to the question of transferring/restarting - probably, but I don't know enough to be able to offer any meaningful help, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending