abdul17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, I'm taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Geography and am wondering if you guys think I should drop geography? I do like all 4 of my subjects and geography is my 2nd best (after chemistry) but I know it's not as "facilitating". What do you guys think?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by abdul17)
Hi guys, I'm taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Geography and am wondering if you guys think I should drop geography? I do like all 4 of my subjects and geography is my 2nd best (after chemistry) but I know it's not as "facilitating". What do you guys think?
Geography is a facilitating subject. Its a different matter as to whether you intend to use it?

Drop it if you are struggling, but you say its the second best?

You need 3 good A levels.
You need the A levels that meet the entrance criteria.
You arent giving me a good reason to drop it so far , especially if you can handle the workload.
Its_mia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I took Geography A-Level and I'm now doing a BA Geography degree.

If you like Geography and are doing well in it don't drop it! It is a facilitating subject as someone has already said.

Saying that, four A-Levels is a lot of work, and you only need 3 decent A-Level grades - which is why I dropped one second year (Biology), drop the subject you least enjoy. You always have a better chance of doing well in a subject that you enjoy more

Obviously you don't have to drop one if you can handle four though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.46%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (39)
14.34%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.04%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.28%

Watched Threads