The Student Room Group

Failed Math and English GCSE

I finished college one year ago and got accepted to do level 3 health and social care and achieved DD*. However, I did not achieve the gcse maths or English and keep achieving a D. I'm at the stage where I must achieve at least a C grade to get into university for next year. I would like to receive help from student who's grad are excellent or same level to help each other. Please take time to read this.
I have done degree level maths.

Make sure you know what may come up in the exam and take many mock papers before the exam.

I don't mind helping you :smile:. PM me with your questions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Saras98
I finished college one year ago and got accepted to do level 3 health and social care and achieved DD*. However, I did not achieve the gcse maths or English and keep achieving a D. I'm at the stage where I must achieve at least a C grade to get into university for next year. I would like to receive help from student who's grad are excellent or same level to help each other. Please take time to read this.

I got a high a* for maths and an a for english language.For maths, past papers are key.Go over the syllabus(specification) once or twice and then stick to doing past papers,marking your answers according to the mark scheme(my advice would be to mark yourself harshly,so you'll get a nice surprise on results day:wink:).For english,strengthen your vocabulary,grammar and spellings.Make sure to practice lots of past papers for this one too and send them to the teacher to get marked.I'd say,submit your answers to multiple people as english marking can be quite subjective.Lastly,have a positive mindset and do plenty of excercise.Hope this helped.:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest