Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Application will open on 2nd October. Which schemes will you be applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Just economist for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlystranger)
    Just economist for me
    Hi, me too. Have you applied yet?

ReputationRep:
    I hate that they want 120 UCAS points on this new tariff thing, I only have 115

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the blended talent Q test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raganosio)
    Hi, me too. Have you applied yet?
    Applied two days ago on 8th, yet to do tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jws1)
    I hate that they want 120 UCAS points on this new tariff thing, I only have 115
    Why not emailing them directly and explain that you may have something else to offer to them, i.e. work experience or competencies they are looking for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlystranger)
    Applied two days ago on 8th, yet to do tests
    Good luck. I have gone through BoE application last year when I applied for summer placement.

ReputationRep:
    i have done the blended tests, got an email to say ill here about the outcome by the 6th of November. Anyone got any further than the tests? I found them very hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmclaughlin)
    i have done the blended tests, got an email to say ill here about the outcome by the 6th of November. Anyone got any further than the tests? I found them very hard.
    The SJT questions lead on from each other, the wording of the next question gave you an idea if you were answering right previous and on the right track which I found helpful.

Anybody been invited for video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas65633)
    The SJT questions lead on from each other, the wording of the next question gave you an idea if you were answering right previous and on the right track which I found helpful.

Also I know you cannot fail the Personality test because, it is only being used by BoE to determine in which department / kind of work would suit you if you are successful.

How did you find numerical/verbal tests? Are they like the standard practice tests online?

ReputationRep:
    They numerical was quite different and I know I didn't do well on that. The verbal ones were okay but the time was very tight for me.
    Also I know you cannot fail the Personality test because, it is only being used by BoE to determine in which department / kind of work would suit you if you are successful.

How did you find numerical/verbal tests? Are they like the standard practice tests online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmclaughlin)
    They numerical was quite different and I know I didn't do well on that. The verbal ones were okay but the time was very tight for me.
    I think the tests are from TalentQ. Was numerical test with the drop down list of answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas65633)

Is the talent q coming first and then the SJT?
    What will included in talent q?

ReputationRep:
    Just applied for the Supervision stream; filled in the extra information and waiting to hear back

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pbsjohnz)
    Anyone else got an interview?
    Not yet, have you?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, have you?
    Yeah I got a video interview to complete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pbsjohnz)
    Yeah I got a video interview to complete.
    same Hope the questions aren't too hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trantran)
    same Hope the questions aren't too hard
    Well done! Hope you do well. How many days do you get to complete?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.