The Student Room Group

Bank of England Graduate Development Program 2017/18

Hi everyone,

Application will open on 2nd October. Which schemes will you be applying for?

Scroll to see replies

Just economist for me :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by friendlystranger
Just economist for me :smile:

Hi, me too. Have you applied yet?
Reply 3
I hate that they want 120 UCAS points on this new tariff thing, I only have 115 :frown:
Has anyone done the blended talent Q test?
Original post by raganosio
Hi, me too. Have you applied yet?

Applied two days ago on 8th, yet to do tests
Reply 6
Original post by Jws1
I hate that they want 120 UCAS points on this new tariff thing, I only have 115 :frown:

Why not emailing them directly and explain that you may have something else to offer to them, i.e. work experience or competencies they are looking for?
Reply 7
Original post by friendlystranger
Applied two days ago on 8th, yet to do tests

Good luck. I have gone through BoE application last year when I applied for summer placement.
i have done the blended tests, got an email to say ill here about the outcome by the 6th of November. Anyone got any further than the tests? I found them very hard.
Original post by fmclaughlin
i have done the blended tests, got an email to say ill here about the outcome by the 6th of November. Anyone got any further than the tests? I found them very hard.

The SJT questions lead on from each other, the wording of the next question gave you an idea if you were answering right previous and on the right track which I found helpful.

Anybody been invited for video interview?
Reply 10
Original post by thomas65633
The SJT questions lead on from each other, the wording of the next question gave you an idea if you were answering right previous and on the right track which I found helpful.

Also I know you cannot fail the Personality test because, it is only being used by BoE to determine in which department / kind of work would suit you if you are successful.

How did you find numerical/verbal tests? Are they like the standard practice tests online?
They numerical was quite different and I know I didn't do well on that. The verbal ones were okay but the time was very tight for me.
Also I know you cannot fail the Personality test because, it is only being used by BoE to determine in which department / kind of work would suit you if you are successful.

How did you find numerical/verbal tests? Are they like the standard practice tests online?
Reply 12
Original post by fmclaughlin
They numerical was quite different and I know I didn't do well on that. The verbal ones were okay but the time was very tight for me.

I think the tests are from TalentQ. Was numerical test with the drop down list of answers?
Original post by thomas65633

Is the talent q coming first and then the SJT?
What will included in talent q?
Just applied for the Supervision stream; filled in the extra information and waiting to hear back :smile:
Reply 15
Anyone else got an interview?
Reply 16
Original post by pbsjohnz
Anyone else got an interview?

Not yet, have you? :smile:
Reply 17
Not yet, have you? :smile:

Yeah I got a video interview to complete.
Original post by pbsjohnz
Yeah I got a video interview to complete.

same Hope the questions aren't too hard :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by trantran
same Hope the questions aren't too hard :frown:

Well done! Hope you do well. How many days do you get to complete?

Quick Reply