English Literature A Level

Watch this thread
Powerfulgal1
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm taking English Literature for year 12 and I want to prepare myself.
For GCSE I got an 8 in English Literature and an 8 in English language (Grade 8=A*)
I am worried the jump from gcse to a level will be very large and I won't be able to get a high grade by the end of the year
Any advice tips or knowledge about English Literature is really helpful
And I'm studying History, French & Religious Studies (Philosophy&Ethics)
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Powerfulgal1)
I'm taking English Literature for year 12 and I want to prepare myself.
For GCSE I got an 8 in English Literature and an 8 in English language (Grade 8=A*)
I am worried the jump from gcse to a level will be very large and I won't be able to get a high grade by the end of the year
Any advice tips or knowledge about English Literature is really helpful
And I'm studying History, French & Religious Studies (Philosophy&Ethics)
I wouldnt worry, just find out what the set texts are and read them.
Hadiqa6525
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing it too. I'm also doing philosophy and ethics as well. The thing with English language is that if you keep up to date with the tasks such as the reading and they analysis, you should be fine. For language, you need knowledge enough to write an essay about the book you're writing and be able to critically analyse it and you can use the criteria your teacher gave you to guide you or have a look online. For literature, it's about texts such as in newspapers and magazines and to maximise the knowledge from that, look at the purpose, audience and form. hope I kinda helped.
Hadiqa6525
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
You'll be fineee.
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Just keep doing what you did at GCSE, it's really not much harder.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
18.52%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
14.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
11.11%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
25.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
18.52%

Watched Threads