The Student Room Group

Help needed with secondary school application

I'm helping my parents with filling out the application form for my sister who is going to secondary school next year, and we're not sure about one section of the application.

Theres a section about any medical/social priority reasons for a school place and I'm not too sure which category our reason fits into.

The reason is: our mums health isnt very good and some days she is not able to get out of the house because of how ill she feels (this is the general gist of our reason), so it would be best if my sister went to the school that I attended as I will be able to take her to and from school when necessary.

Is this reason in the medical or social category, or even in both?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
it wouldn't fit there because they're asking about the student, not the parents
so I'd say don't tick it and when you get to the section where you have to choose your school, there's a section there that asks why you want to choose this school, it's optional but you should fill it up and state your situation there
hope this helps :smile: xx
Original post by animeamanda1412
it wouldn't fit there because they're asking about the student, not the parents
so I'd say don't tick it and when you get to the section where you have to choose your school, there's a section there that asks why you want to choose this school, it's optional but you should fill it up and state your situation there
hope this helps :smile: xx

stuff.PNG

I attached a picture of what I was talking about. Just want to double check that I understood correctly, so the top box is for the students medical and social reason and not the parents? If so, I should write the reason that I said earlier in the optional box below?

Sorry I'm asking too many questions, just want to be sure because I dont want to get this wrong.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by tfh
stuff.PNG

I attached a picture of what I was talking about. Just want to double check that I understood correctly, so the top box is for the students medical and social reason and not the parents? If so, I should write the reason that I said earlier in the optional box below?

Sorry I'm asking too many questions, just want to be sure because I dont want to get this wrong.

yhh, because if you read that first paragraph, it says child's needs, so you don't want to get the two mixed up
and yhh, but make sure you write it up as well alongside the pic to emphasise on why yu chose that school
and it's fine, as long as I can help :tongue:
Original post by animeamanda1412
yhh, because if you read that first paragraph, it says child's needs, so you don't want to get the two mixed up
and yhh, but make sure you write it up as well alongside the pic to emphasise on why yu chose that school
and it's fine, as long as I can help :tongue:

okay, thank you so much!
Reply 5
Original post by tfh
okay, thank you so much!

Anytimeeee ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending