The Student Room Group

This girl in my tutor group is BEAUTIFUL but I don't know how to talk to her

I have just started sixth-form and there is this girl in my tutor group who I am starting to really like, but I don't have any lessons with her. Tutor time is also only 30mins a week so I don't get a chance to talk to her.

Another key thing to establish is that I am a girl and she is a girl, but I don't know if she likes girls and I am not out so I can't just ask her.

I can't stop thinking about her. I don't think a lot of people would find her attractive but I think she is gorgeous, she is also very clever.

I feel like a lot of people just dismiss me as weird, I am really not weird though. The people who bother to get to know me end up really liking me, and they understand that I am a good friend, am intelligent and I have a good sense of humour.

I don't want this girl to think I am weird, I don't know how to talk to her or what to say to make her want to get to know me, and to realise that I am all the things I mentioned above.

I haven't ever been this captivated by someone before and I am cluching at straws of what to do. ANY advice would be really appreciated, thanks very much.

Scroll to see replies

Just go up to her and start a conversation, sadly it's the only way :frown:

Unless you save her life or some sh*t or impress her
Awh that's cute. Since you've only just started sixth-form, now is the best chance to start talking to her. Because if you leave it too late then it'll be awkward I guess. So if you can sit next to her in form, try and do that, but if not try and walk in and out of form when she does. When I want to talk to someone new I'm just like, "hey, how are you finding ..."[the situation... so in your case sixth-form]. And don't underestimate the power of smiling! :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Ella_08
Awh that's cute. Since you've only just started sixth-form, now is the best chance to start talking to her. Because if you leave it too late then it'll be awkward I guess. So if you can sit next to her in form, try and do that, but if not try and walk in and out of form when she does. When I want to talk to someone new I'm just like, "hey, how are you finding ..."[the situation... so in your case sixth-form]. And don't underestimate the power of smiling! :wink:

I agree that I shouldn't leave it too late, it looks like I am trying to get something if I come out of nowhere.

The annoying thing is that there is a girl (already a friend of mine) who sits in between us during tutor and blocks me off from talking to her (accidently), as well as the others who I like to talk to.

I'm generally comfortable talking to new people, even though I thought I was socially awkward. It is actually everyone else who seems uncomfortable. Maybe I should go to her, I'll talk to her about the work or something, our tutor is one of your subject teachers so we both do the same work despite being different classes.
Bro you just gotta go up to her talk a bit then literally say "I think you're cute tho so I was wondering if I could get your snap/number"
Original post by mjustliving
Bro you just gotta go up to her talk a bit then literally say "I think you're cute tho so I was wondering if I could get your snap/number"

Sorry read it wrong, just introduce yourself to her then say you're cute what's your Snapchat then tell her you're into girls when you're messaging
Reply 6
Original post by mjustliving
Sorry read it wrong, just introduce yourself to her then say you're cute what's your Snapchat then tell her you're into girls when you're messaging

I wish I could but it just doesn't seem that easy. I know that I should just approach like that but I don't want her to get the impression that I like her until she knows me a bit better. I want to talk to her in person too and I can't really find an excuse to be around in person yet
Idk too much cos I'm not a girl but I thought that it's proper easy for girls to be friends. Just go up to her be like hi and chat to her then when u know her a bit better start to open up
Would you mind telling me what day you have this tutor session on?

Also do you have any free afternoons such as games or extras? If so, that might be very helpful.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Would you mind telling me what day you have this tutor session on?

Also do you have any free afternoons such as games or extras? If so, that might be very helpful.

Thursday. And my college doesn't do games or anything like that.
I wish I could but it just doesn't seem that easy. I know that I should just approach like that but I don't want her to get the impression that I like her until she knows me a bit better. I want to talk to her in person too and I can't really find an excuse to be around in person yet

tbh if you're a girl that isn't out yet, it's quite likely she might assume you're straight and not jump to that conclusion at all. But then even if she does, it might be she feels kinda similar to you so then it won't even matter.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
tbh if you're a girl that isn't out yet, it's quite likely she might assume you're straight and not jump to that conclusion at all. But then even if she does, it might be she feels kinda similar to you so then it won't even matter.

You're probably right, I am just getting really paranoid because I don't want to scare her off from even being friends with me at least. I do have to spend the next two years around her after all
or every hollywood action film ever :tongue: :wink:
You're probably right, I am just getting really paranoid because I don't want to scare her off from even being friends with me at least. I do have to spend the next two years around her after all

Let's be real fam, if you want to get with her in a romantic context is her friendship really gonna mean anything to you? Right now you fancy her but she doesn't give a ****, worst case scenario is you scare her off. If that happens, you're basically back where you are now. Except not because you've had closure and can move on to other girls.

In conclusion: More pros to trying than cons.
Start a convo then as smooth as the ice on your cream be like "so what's your number ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) "
Reply 15
what about after school ends? do you both get buses immediately afterwards, or do you have to wait around for a bit? that could be a good opportunity to get to know eachother

as for conversation starters, try something about the teachers you share. eg, "hey, you have mrs. xyz for english right? what do think of her handwriting? i can never understand what she is writing on the board!" or open the conversation with something like "god, i could not keep my head up in mr. xyz's class today... do you think he's boring?"

alternatively you could try arriving early to tutor and stealing your friend's seat before she gets there, so that you're sitting next to your crush. if anyone pulls you on it, just say that you felt like mixing things up (or even better - you wanted to get to know your crush better since you barely share any classes and dont get to see eachother that often. you should casually say that when she is within earshot, as it could work as a good conversation opener too. just turn around and say hi!)

when you do start chatting, be sure to compliment her lots. say something like "sorry to interrupt, i just have to tell you your hair is so pretty today. i love it. okay sorry, continue." smile lots, and keep good eye contact. :h:

im pretty sure you could also ask your mutual friends for her snapchat or something. it's not that weird for classmates to randomly add you on social media. just send her a message to say hi too.

good luck!! i know how it feels to not be out in school, suffering from crushes with no one to vent to. it's hard, but you'll get through it! i hope everything goes well, keep us updated!
Being completely honest, since your homosexual, she won't be into you 99% of the time. Its just because almost everybody is straight, unfortunately for you, the only easy pleaces to find "love" is at homosexual meetings like gay bars/clubs ect. Its also too early to be telling everyone you're homosexual, wait for a while after they get to know you first.
Ask about homework or something that you did in the tutor group or complain about school or teachers as most people can relate to this and keep the conversation going and you will be chatting for a good while
Original post by HabibSyed
Being completely honest, since your homosexual, she won't be into you 99% of the time. Its just because almost everybody is straight, unfortunately for you, the only easy pleaces to find "love" is at homosexual meetings like gay bars/clubs ect. Its also too early to be telling everyone you're homosexual, wait for a while after they get to know you first.

I agree with your last point, that is why I don't want to be obvious, if I can talk to her more I might find out what she likes. I haven't mentioned everything on here by the way, just to keep this as anonymous as possible. But a few times I have seen her around, and she is already looking at me, and there is something different about it which makes me wonder.

I also know that the odds aren't in my favour in terms of her liking girls too. In my whole life not one girl I have liked has liked me back (not that they have ever rejected me as I never do anything to out myself), but surely it can happen and I've been waiting long enough
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Let's be real fam, if you want to get with her in a romantic context is her friendship really gonna mean anything to you? Right now you fancy her but she doesn't give a ****, worst case scenario is you scare her off. If that happens, you're basically back where you are now. Except not because you've had closure and can move on to other girls.

In conclusion: More pros to trying than cons.

I will see how things go, lots of people are suggesting just talking to her and getting to know each other, which is best I think. I won't be that upfront about it though, it will make it too awkward and word might get around. I appreciate your advice though so thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest