The Student Room Group

Revision

Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and we've started to talk about revision for or GCSE's. Now these are all big grades and something that obviously would be amazing if I pass, and to be honest, I have absolutely no idea how to revise. Every method that I've tried I just physically cannot take the information in. I'm hoping that you guys will have some top tips to help me revise!! thanks in advance
Original post by RosieThornhill_
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and we've started to talk about revision for or GCSE's. Now these are all big grades and something that obviously would be amazing if I pass, and to be honest, I have absolutely no idea how to revise. Every method that I've tried I just physically cannot take the information in. I'm hoping that you guys will have some top tips to help me revise!! thanks in advance

Hi I'm revising for my GCSEs too and I right things down then draw little pictures in the margin to go with it to help my remember it
Original post by Elisha.l
Hi I'm revising for my GCSEs too and I right things down then draw little pictures in the margin to go with it to help my remember it

Thank you!! I'll have to give that a go, all my friends write pages and pages of information and I just don't understand how that helps them!! 😂
Thank you!! I'll have to give that a go, all my friends write pages and pages of information and I just don't understand how that helps them!! 😂

If I am giving a sheet with information on then i highlight the important bits then write them then draw little pictures
Original post by Elisha.l
If I am giving a sheet with information on then i highlight the important bits then write them then draw little pictures

Yeah, I've started to highlight more information that may be necessary, and I have folders for my English and triple science classes because there's always so much information there

For science watch freesciencelessons on youtube over and over again,that's how I got A* for all my three sciences, for maths go on mathsgenie and watch the videos then do the questions and do specimen paper questions on the topics you're studying,also use justmaths for maths questions.
Original post by Anonymous1502
For science watch freesciencelessons on youtube over and over again,that's how I got A* for all my three sciences, for maths go on mathsgenie and watch the videos then do the questions and do specimen paper questions on the topics you're studying,also use justmaths for maths questions.

Oh my god thank you so much!! I'll try those
Reply 7
Well firstly figure out how you learn best : actively , by listening , by reading or by writing. That's the basis for the best revision method for you.
For me , past papers and just answering questions is the best revision method for me

Quick Reply

Latest