The Student Room Group

Student loan 2nd degree occupational therapy

I've been informed by student loans I am not able to get help for my second degree even though it's occupational therapy. I understand on August 1 St the government announced officially I should be able to through the white paper. EG help towards tuition fee loans and maintenance. No one at slc gives the same answer and are unsure themselves. Can anyone help ??
Original post by Ellieb4
I've been informed by student loans I am not able to get help for my second degree even though it's occupational therapy. I understand on August 1 St the government announced officially I should be able to through the white paper. EG help towards tuition fee loans and maintenance. No one at slc gives the same answer and are unsure themselves. Can anyone help ??

You are going to have to go back to them and ask on what basis you have been refused.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/i-am/considering-or-university/financial-support-university

http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1518/sfe_nhs_after_fs_1718_d.pdf
Reply 2
Thank you. Once again this morning a long phone call with no being the answer. We have read out every single piece of literature we have on it from reliable sources and they said they would 'write a note' on the application explaining it possibly should be exempt. Asked to speak to someone senior which was refused.. nightmare !! Very stressful :-( Hoping it is not sorted BUT still dont feel convinced....
Original post by Ellieb4
Thank you. Once again this morning a long phone call with no being the answer. We have read out every single piece of literature we have on it from reliable sources and they said they would 'write a note' on the application explaining it possibly should be exempt. Asked to speak to someone senior which was refused.. nightmare !! Very stressful :-( Hoping it is not sorted BUT still dont feel convinced....

Call back and ask about their complaints procedure and say you want the exact reason for refusal in writing, take the name of anyone you speak to so you can include it in a complaint. Also mention getting your mp involved.
Hi. Did u manage to get funding?
Hey!! i had the same problem so I'm currently doing another Bsc in OT as i can't afford the postgrad funding, SFE came back saying that they are not funding me. So i emailed them back explaining something must have gone wrong as the NHS reform states anyone with previous degrees will be eligible for funding. and within a day my funding had been unblocked and i received my funding.

i don't think student finance are so clued up about the reform because they seem to be refusing a lot of people until you tell them, i screenshot tweets between me and student finance which they had said my previous degree will not be looked at and i would receive funding x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending